2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By Brandie on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would NEVER recommend buying a Dodge Charger to anyone. In 3 months we bought 2, and they both had so many mechanical problems the dealer had to buy them back. I did not even own the 2nd one for 2 weeks when the engine blew up and all of the electronics melted. The 1st one has vibration problems that Dodge said was normal. The check engine light was always coming on and it was misfiring in the cylinders. Both of these cars were a complete nightmare. They get great gas mileage because they are always on the back of a tow truck!

2 Words: Amazing Machine!
By Sean on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car actually looks like a sports car and all that, but the fact i realized after purchasing this car was, this could be an everyday sedan as well as the car which gives you the grin after you race that kid in the honda or nissan or mustang! Its spacious, load stuff in, go on long trips, go off road (Desert), seriously lets see a mustang or camaro do this. 5.7l V8 is simply crazy and on the freeway the fuel consumption is nothing! You want that car which keeps your wife happy because you look like a family man or that car which will make you happy because it makes you wanna go dukes of hazard? Well buddy its the DODGE Charger R/T!

Upset
By Chargerr x3 on 08/27/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car not even 2 weeks ago and I'm already having A LOT of problems with it. I noticed the control arm on the car was busted the very same day I got it home and Dodge refused to cover the damages! I love the car, its been my dream car for a very long time but I am furious with how Dodge handles these problems. I am crazy about the car, but I would never again buy a Dodge.

A True, Bonafide Charger!
By Chairman of da Bored on 06/30/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is IT, man! If you want a big, burly, unapologetic All-American car (yeah I know it was built in Canada, but still) that shoots a middle finger to any sort of political or social correctness, this is your car. With its lowered stance, wide tires, deep front air dam and raised rear spoiler, it has the looks that strike fear in small children - yet can still fit 4 adults comfortably (5 if you squeeze) with all their luggage and a soft enough ride for a nice long road trip. Try that in a Camaro or a Mustang - it ain't happenin'!

Great Car!
By Rich on 04/02/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Shopped for weeks and test drove a lot of different models. My wife loves the way it drives, the seat comfort and seating position. We feel it was by far the best value for the dollar. Currently we get 24 to 27 MPG on the highway, with the RT hemi V8. Don't believe everything the "Biased" Toyota/Honda Consumer reports Mag. says. These are good cars. I had 95,000 trouble free miles on a 2001 300M that was a well designed sport sedan and joy to drive as well.

Automatic Woes
By Ray on 02/27/10 10:41 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a drone from the transmission at 1500 rpm and under a slight load (4 & 5 gears. When I change to manual mode it goes away. Shifts just fine otherwise. Chrysler will not fix the noise so I have contacted a lawyer to help resolve this issue. By the way I drove a 2010 R/T and it had the same noise.

MY SOUL MATE
By Jeylo2 on 01/25/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I scoped this car out for months, read all the reviews, drove several models, but I'm absolutely thrilled over my "CHARGER". So far it has been everything I anticipated it to be and more. I'm not a drag racer and I know a little something about cars to go with the 3.5 V-6 HIGH-OUTPUT at least. All around the board this is the car for me. My kids will get this car and still be cool and safe. I was a little hesitant about the rear wheel thingy, but I found that if I just respect the vehicle, it will definitely return the favor. This is definitely my soul mate.

The review of the SRT8 Hemi
By Carman on 01/22/10 20:19 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have test drove the 2009 Dodge Charger(sxt)250hp it was very nice, but it didn`t have enough horsepower too it so my dealer introduce me to the 6.1 hemi V8(SRT8)425 horsepower. I test drove it and the same day it was park in my back yard.

Decent after some modifications
By Jim on 01/08/10 14:08 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car for looks and performance. The 5 issues I have are the tires (Continental tires feel like Flintstone's), the driver seat height, steering stiffness, fuel pump whine, and no MDS indicator. After replacing the plastichrome wheels with real chrome & buying Michelin's, the ride is more smoother & looks much better with real chrome. I had to buy a car performance computer to show MDS, but it works great. The only other probs are fuel pump whine, which they claim is normal (it's really not), and I feel like I sit too high. I always want to adjust the steering wheel another inch or so lower, but it won't go. I think the black looks best just coz it matches the black trim.

Some Hits, Some Misses
By HFish1212 on 12/22/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a used 09 SXT base with only optional power driver seat. This was a rental but I got a great price ($16,400) with only 29k miles. Some things are a hit while others are a miss. Pros: Styling (these with 22" rims and tint look awesome!), reliability, available features (not saying the one I got had any of them), price, size (hate small cars), rear wheel drive, interior which appears very easy to keep clean but is cheap plastic (good compared to other things that rip, weather). Cons: fueling cuts off during fill up because of tank design, cloth seats are uncomfortable- lumbar hits in upper back/ headrest is too far forward, no programmable seat positioning, weird key fob

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger in VA is:

$152 per month*