German Design wins out
By 007 on
2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
When I first drove it I had already decided not to like it due to my experience with my last Dodge Police car (1982).But the exterior design is so outstanding. When I drove it it felt like my Mercedes, but has the speed of an American muscle car. Its tight, solid fast, and built. It had a mileage problem, but that was taken care of with an air induction system. 3 mpg pickup and 20 extra hp, plus it sounds good! And the transmission is outstanding. Made in Germany! I have had 6 back and neck surgeries, and these are the only adjustable seats I found that make driving a pleasure. Mine's solid black and I tinted the Windows legally black. Wow. I've got an American muscle car in a Mercedes body!
Favorite Features
The exterior design draws attention everywhere. I was afraid to park it until a seventy year old gentleman in a beat up old pickup pulled up next to me at a stoplight and yelled "damn that's a bad--- car!" at me. The car has the look, sound, the comfort, the feel and the power. Thanks Dodge!
Suggested Improvements
Only complaint is the fuel mileage,but its a little better than my 20 year old Benz. I have every option available. My salesperson really couldn't explain everything. I spent 3 weeks trying to figure everything out. Boy, it sure is fun now!