I never liked Dodge
By Jaguar1024 on
2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
Last year when deciding what to buy I drove several cars from BMW's to Mazdas. I saved Dodge for last mainly because I have always thought of them as cheap, ugly and unreliable. I loved the Chargers styling but what blew me away was the handling and the speed, granted I only got the 2.7 but its acceleration, handling and comfort blew away the Mazda 6 and Honda Civic and easily equaled the Taurus SHO (except in acceleration) and the BMW 3 series. I got mine for just a hair over $11,000.00 including tax title etc. and I have to say that it is one of the better cars I have ever owned. So far I have had no technical issues at all and it has been rock solid so far.
Favorite Features
Peppy and excitable 2.7 L V6 is a true pleasure and regularly averages right around 30 mpg unless I cane it everywhere I go. Brilliant styling and a thoughtfully laid out interior. It handles and accelerates like my old BMW 635 used to, a remarkable feat considering the price.
Suggested Improvements
Better quality construction materials would be nice, the bumpers and panels can all flex with a touch and do give it a cheap tinny feel, no lip on the trunk would make the trunk much easier to load, unload. The headlight covers are also very poorly sealed and get moisture in them quite easily.