2008 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Hemi Orange Daytona R/T

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

Hemi Orange Daytona R/T
By James on

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got this car in April of 2008 and have been in heaven ever since. It isn't an old school Charger by any means but it is a different Charger for a different generation, I had a '69 many moons ago, loved it just as much. "Duke" impresses me every time I turn the key, runs like a scolded dog, handles like a dream, and can make as much white smoke as I want it to. however, new rubber isn't cheap, lol. People like it, I don't much like all the attention it draws, but i'm getting used to it. Gas mileage is pretty good considering it's pumping 350 hp out of the HEMI. Hands down the best new car purchase i've ever made and my next target is the Challenger R/T so my wife can have this one...Buy One!!

I didn't go with all the bells and whistles on this car, just wanted the muscle. I don't need NAV or steering wheel controls or anything that will be a headache in 20 years. "keep it simple stupid" is my mode of thought with new car technology, must be the old guy in me or something? 210% satisfied.

I don't like the FOBS, I keep getting to my car and find the trunk is open. Once I came out and the car was running, lol. Solved that with a belt clip key chain though. And STOP putting Goodyear tires on the cars, they're cheap, barely last 10k miles, are too expensive to replace. I hate Goodyear!!!