2008 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
R/T with R/T package
By sendero on 02/13/08 04:37 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Charger is a real surprise. I have the R/T package on my R/T ( sport seats /suspension / 20 inch rims / 350 HP). After 18,000 miles, I can say this car is not only a comfortable and quiet cab, its roominess surpises all who get into it. The R/T package is great and really sets the look with the extra body moldings. The packages performance upgrade over the base R/T is substantial. We also have a Honda Odessey which is a well known quality vehicle. The Dodge is a more comfortable and queit ride. Yep, the performance muscle car is more comfortable and quiet then the Honda. My friends have the Pontiac GXP and the Mustang GT. They even like the Dodge a lot.

Love it
By John Wargo on 02/11/08 15:08 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2001 BMW 740iL that had 80K. I got fed up with the Bimmers cheap plastic parts and frequent broken parts. I wanted to buy an American car to replace it. I drove a Mercury Sable (wife felt the seats were too short and steering wheel was too close to dash. The Impala didn't have much rear leg room so we test drove a charger. It had decient rear leg room and looked like a younger persons car(I'm 42 and not ready for a crown vic) I got the 5.7 Hemi with the 29R performance package. I really like this car. We got the My Gig with NAV and bluetooth, Sirius TV and Radio and the rear seat TV. This car has more features than the BMW and guess what, they all work, The sport seats look great

Foxfire!
By hombre on 01/25/08 20:30 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always wanted to kick myself for selling my 1969 Charger (a 383 with a 4-barrel carb.) but now I'm over that. I've finally found a car that is more fun to drive than the '69. The 2008 RT has better performance and handling and all of the luxuries provided by 21st century technology. Way to go Dodge!

Love this Car
By T K on 12/11/07 06:01 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car. I had been driving a Lincoln Aviator for a bit, but test drove the Charger and instantly feel in love. The power is awesome. The interior is very stylish and comfortable. Even though I've only had it a couple of days...I don't think I'll ever get rid of this car.

Bang for the Buck
By Captain Midnight on 12/03/07 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'd like to say that this is a great car, but we will go with good for now. The ride is smooth, comfortable and quiet, and I'd be fine riding in it for hours without undue fatigue. The steering gets raspberries because it's too heavy at all speeds and the chassis is busy at cruise. The most fatiguing part of driving this car is the constant inputs required, even on smooth, uncrowned roads. I really hate that part. The stock 225 60R18 touring tires grip well in the dry and are a menace in the wet. First thing I did was to get Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW3 snow tires so that I can get through a Michigan winter without ending up in a ditch somewhere. Recommended with reservations

Best car I've owned
By romman on 11/25/07 21:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car over the weekend and love it! In fact I would say that this is the best car I've owned. I have owned quite a few cars and trucks over the years including Mustangs, Thunderbirds, Trans- Am, Dodge RAM pickup and most recently a Durango. I have been very pleased on how the car handles and absolutely love the sunroof since I live in CA. The seats are comfortable and Dodge finally did something with the 07 cruise control handle problem. I rented an 07 charger for about 10 days and that lever drove me nuts! Sirius radio is a nice touch and the rear air is nice for the kids! Everything about the car feels solid and the handling is superb. I wanted the myGig system but maybe next time

Daytona Charger
By Mikey C on 11/09/07 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. I know it's just a pretty version of the regular R/T, but their is just something about this car when you drive down the street in it's orange and black colors. The engine growling, and knowing that everyone can't help but look in interest. Sure, it's no SRT-8, but the mileage difference in MPG makes up for that. I am seeing abour 16 city and a cool 25 on highway. The pick up and go is strong and nice, and the interior is very comfy and roomy. I had a small Trans prob right away, but the warranty took care of that and no probs since. Good job Dodge!

A Great, Fun Car to Drive
By Larry on 11/06/07 08:57 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the car for only 3 weeks, but, love it thus far. It's enjoyable to drive, responds extremely well for a 4 dr sedan, but, yet has the appearance of a "sporty" vehicle which gets lots of attention from people. A joy to drive! I was disappointed in a couple of things--see below on improvements. I would buy this car again without hesitation.

So Far So Good
By Siamese45 on 10/30/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a Dodge truck person since 1993 and when I saw the Charger, I was intrigued enough to drive one. I picked it up last night and while it may take me 6 months to learn the MyGig entertainment system, I love the way it handles, the acceleration is amazing, it is very comfortable and quite stylish. It will take me a while to get used to being back in a car, but I can't think of a better car to choose as my first in many years than the 2008 Dodge Charger R/T.

Love this Car!
By Tante Lise on 10/04/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I only have the base model Dodge Charger, but I love it. It rides very smooth. I also like how it sits up higher than my old car (grand prix). It is nice and roomy too. Very comfortable to ride in. The seats make you feel relaxed and not strained. I am short (5'2") and it is easier to see over the steering wheel and dash in the Dodge Charger. I cannot wait until I can afford to purchase a more "loaded" Charger with leather seats (heated of course) and the "Hemi". :)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.