Used 2008 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

A Touring Car Without . . .
By alphajam

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Without the I'm going to hurt your back and kill you if you make mistake. Great for a daily driver or with an after-market addition or two, a great weekend hell-raiser. I use mine for both! My only complaint is an occasional rattle from the plastic around the moon/sun roof. I can't figure out where it's coming from. . .

manual override with auto clutch. AND that little button on the console which turns the traction/stability program OFF.

It would be nice to turn the MDS system on/off when I choose. The on-board handles it O.K. but not great. Oh, and this car is HEAVY. You won't notice it unless you throw it around a little.

Great value, great fun
By sonnysayshi

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Although I've only owned the Charger for 10 days, I sense it's the best auto purchase I've made. Love the rumble, impressive acceleration, nice interior, nice stereo, ample space, great look -- for the money, nearly impossible to beat.

Hemi power, better than expected gas mileage, value.

A little firmer suspension - but splitting hairs here. The car's so fun and a great value.

No Buyer's Remorse Here
By Brian

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I ended up purchasing this car after my 2002 Grand Prix was totaled. So far, the Charger has been everything I was hoping for. The 3.5 engine at 250 hp has plenty of pick up for this heavier car. It handles very well, the ride is smooth, and from the interior the engine is seems really quiet. Going from FWD to RWD was a slight adjustment, especially in winter driving conditions, but the RWD Charger has held its own, even going uphill on black ice. The interior is comfortable,functional, and simple, not flashy or luxury-like. To date, fuel mileage has been surprisingly good, equaling or bettering the Grand Prix despite a lower fuel rating. It's a fun car and I'm an very happy with it.

Engine performance, outside styling, interior room and truck space.

Column between rear door windows and back window creates larger blind spots so you need to be careful when changing lanes.

A Fun Car for 31K
By Jason

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my new Dodge Charger overall. I was traditionally a Ford guy, but I now have 2 kids and the backseat of the newer Mustangs just didn't cut it. It is a perfect nominal for me. There is plenty of room for the kids and plenty of horsepower for when I don't have the kids.I have taken the car on some far trips and have gotten 24 mpg on the highway. I average 15 in the city, but I have a heavy foot.

Horsepower and the my gig entertainment system. Retro look.

Side airbags should be standard. Horrible place to put the cup holders. Some shabby interior parts.

Midlife Crisis Cure
By Billy Bob

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just traded in the Buick and I feel alive again. This car has a much better ride and handles like a dream. I had a 68 Charger back in high school and think I will have just as much fun with the new one.

The R/T performance leather seats. Very adjustable and comfortable. It runs and handles as well as it looks.

The rear view mirror auto dimmer. The light sensor is shadowed by the rear spoiler and when a vehicle is within 20' the automatic dimming feature turns off and the headlight is mirror blind the driver. One fix is to floor it, probably not such a good idea but it's fun.