Used 2008 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

I love my Charger
By CassieLovesHerCharge

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I loved the look of it so much! I didn't care that I bought the V6 because no one really knows unless you look under the hood. It's roomy and comfortable and my kids are safe with the 5 star crash test rating.

The AUX plug in for my Ipod! I hate having to carry a CD case every where. Just everything is my favorite. I love my car.

Better speakers or sound system. Maybe make them in two door. That would be awesome for the sporty version of the Charger! And more aftermarket products for the Charger to make it sexier!

Fun Fun Fun
By jimandjess

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As the kind of owners that drive cars until they have to be junked, we usually shop for Toyotas. However, a local salesman cut us a deal we couldn't pass up and now we cruise around town in our hot new Charger. Though the interior is mostly plastic and we don't get as much hp out of the little engine as the big guys get, the car is still awesome. Its roomy, but doesn't feel like your driving a tank. The R&P steering is responsive and easy to get used to. The mpg aren't bad as long as you don't bury your foot in the pedal (easier said than done). As a backyard mechanic, the roomy Dodge engine compartment means easy fixes, if you ever need them.

Little road noise, intimidating bodystyle, RWD w/ traction control nice in the snow

Higher end interior bells and whistles. Standard side curtain airbags.

A Touring Car Without . . .
By alphajam

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Without the I'm going to hurt your back and kill you if you make mistake. Great for a daily driver or with an after-market addition or two, a great weekend hell-raiser. I use mine for both! My only complaint is an occasional rattle from the plastic around the moon/sun roof. I can't figure out where it's coming from. . .

manual override with auto clutch. AND that little button on the console which turns the traction/stability program OFF.

It would be nice to turn the MDS system on/off when I choose. The on-board handles it O.K. but not great. Oh, and this car is HEAVY. You won't notice it unless you throw it around a little.

Great value, great fun
By sonnysayshi

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Although I've only owned the Charger for 10 days, I sense it's the best auto purchase I've made. Love the rumble, impressive acceleration, nice interior, nice stereo, ample space, great look -- for the money, nearly impossible to beat.

Hemi power, better than expected gas mileage, value.

A little firmer suspension - but splitting hairs here. The car's so fun and a great value.

No Buyer's Remorse Here
By Brian

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I ended up purchasing this car after my 2002 Grand Prix was totaled. So far, the Charger has been everything I was hoping for. The 3.5 engine at 250 hp has plenty of pick up for this heavier car. It handles very well, the ride is smooth, and from the interior the engine is seems really quiet. Going from FWD to RWD was a slight adjustment, especially in winter driving conditions, but the RWD Charger has held its own, even going uphill on black ice. The interior is comfortable,functional, and simple, not flashy or luxury-like. To date, fuel mileage has been surprisingly good, equaling or bettering the Grand Prix despite a lower fuel rating. It's a fun car and I'm an very happy with it.

Engine performance, outside styling, interior room and truck space.

Column between rear door windows and back window creates larger blind spots so you need to be careful when changing lanes.