Used 2008 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Dont get a 3.5 Charger
By paulseid

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission mishaps after 30,000 miles. Bumps in between shifts. Numerous trips to dealer for software reinstalls that had no effect on the deteriorating transmission. I hear the R/T with its German made tranny was a lot better. Should have done more research. This transmission is terrible and also the driver has no access to a transmission dipstick. One tech who I have to give some credit too had an idea to make an adjustment to a part of the tranny but I wanted a new transmission as the car was only a year old. Chrysler did not acknowledge there was any real problem. Never Chrysler never again is my motto.

looks

Transmission, interior quality, manual transmission, entire service network needs to be replaced. Hack non acknowledgment of customer complaints at many of the dealers I went to.

I never liked Dodge
By Jaguar1024

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Last year when deciding what to buy I drove several cars from BMW's to Mazdas. I saved Dodge for last mainly because I have always thought of them as cheap, ugly and unreliable. I loved the Chargers styling but what blew me away was the handling and the speed, granted I only got the 2.7 but its acceleration, handling and comfort blew away the Mazda 6 and Honda Civic and easily equaled the Taurus SHO (except in acceleration) and the BMW 3 series. I got mine for just a hair over $11,000.00 including tax title etc. and I have to say that it is one of the better cars I have ever owned. So far I have had no technical issues at all and it has been rock solid so far.

Peppy and excitable 2.7 L V6 is a true pleasure and regularly averages right around 30 mpg unless I cane it everywhere I go. Brilliant styling and a thoughtfully laid out interior. It handles and accelerates like my old BMW 635 used to, a remarkable feat considering the price.

Better quality construction materials would be nice, the bumpers and panels can all flex with a touch and do give it a cheap tinny feel, no lip on the trunk would make the trunk much easier to load, unload. The headlight covers are also very poorly sealed and get moisture in them quite easily.

COMPLAINT
By vic

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Was thinking we got a good car and what I always wanted with 20,100 miles got last DEC 2009 noticed a ticking and getting worse with the colder and running took to local dealer said fixed and a little tapping was normal and would go away did not so took to dealer we bought from and said oh ya something definitely wrong replaced pump tensioner pivot arm antifreeze 2 valves 3 rocker arms seal valve guide 2 gasket cylinder head gasket timing case cover seal water pump to front gasket intake manifold antifreeze tensioner when I got it back it did sound like a car should now there is an idling issue and a vibration when you shift from gear to gear need to take in again at this point I am tired of th

the look

that if the car has something wrong with it don't sell it like that fix the damned thing i will have to say though that everything is under warranty and besides them not believing and saying oh ya there is something wrong with it they should have believed me in the first place

srt8
By Dave Hicks

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I love this car. It turns heads everywhere we go. Don't buy this car if you don't like being approached by strangers. The engine is so damned powerful, I love getting on the expressway, you're doing over 80 before you realize it. the ride is pretty smooth for a lowered performance car, the 6 speaker Boston Acoustics sound system is great, the seats are perfect , it's a race car when you floor the gas pedal, but smooth and quiet when you don't feel like playing nascar. It's the perfect car, good job Dodge, I LOVE IT!

She's BAD!
By Marcus Seals

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted this car when I saw the concept, but they completely changed the design. I waited and almost bought a G8. This is a very reliable car and is built pretty good. The dealership takes extremely good care of me and her. I got some exhaust work done and didn't even take off the factory system. It sounds like a champ now! I really enjoy driving this car. I paid only 26,000 brand new oh yeah! Best car so far! My mother calls it hers b/c she loves it.

The deisgn and the sound! Sounds better than the SRT8!

Better gas mileage.