Used 2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Dodge charger srt8 2008 --- beast !
By ben dover

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

its black on black -black tinted windows -2008 looks new -had some recalls 2014 on airbag and the key
dodge fixed it free in 1 hour and gave my new keys -- all around nice car ...

The Beast!
By Hemi Srt-8

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where do I start? In two words this car is "a beast"! The combination of the horsepower and torque on this car is ridiculously amazing! I've been driving this car for about 6 months now & it sill amazes me. Mostly no cars on the road can compete with it (there's only a few that can). Given the aggressive looks on the outside, the blazing speed on this beast, the enormous amount of space in the interior, etc. This car is like no other (its in a class all by itself). Especially when you factor in all the great features and qualities this car has for the amount of money it costs this car is among the elite. I can go on & on about this car but my best advice is to drive one and see for yourself.

The best features of this car are the hood scoop, the half-inch lowered ride height, the twenty inch wheels, the spoiler, horsepower, torque, the amount of space in the interior and the trunk, and the Srt badging on the inside and outside. Overall the layout of this car is bar none one of the best.

This car doesn't need too many improvements. However, when driving on roads that aren't smooth you do feel the bumps very easily. Other than that this car is a beast. Gas mileage is actually pretty good considering how much horsepower & torque it has. It won't hurt to add more power & reduce weight.

srt8
By Dave Hicks

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I love this car. It turns heads everywhere we go. Don't buy this car if you don't like being approached by strangers. The engine is so damned powerful, I love getting on the expressway, you're doing over 80 before you realize it. the ride is pretty smooth for a lowered performance car, the 6 speaker Boston Acoustics sound system is great, the seats are perfect , it's a race car when you floor the gas pedal, but smooth and quiet when you don't feel like playing nascar. It's the perfect car, good job Dodge, I LOVE IT!

Great SRT8
By ABest

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first car that I have really enjoyed. The drivability is great and the performance is out of this work for a 5 seater. I have three kids under the age of 4 and this allows for me to enjoy my car while still being able to transport the entire family.

Power, Torque, Looks

a 6-speed Auto Trans would be nice. A factory installed spare tire or run-flats would be handy.

German Design wins out
By 007

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

When I first drove it I had already decided not to like it due to my experience with my last Dodge Police car (1982).But the exterior design is so outstanding. When I drove it it felt like my Mercedes, but has the speed of an American muscle car. Its tight, solid fast, and built. It had a mileage problem, but that was taken care of with an air induction system. 3 mpg pickup and 20 extra hp, plus it sounds good! And the transmission is outstanding. Made in Germany! I have had 6 back and neck surgeries, and these are the only adjustable seats I found that make driving a pleasure. Mine's solid black and I tinted the Windows legally black. Wow. I've got an American muscle car in a Mercedes body!

The exterior design draws attention everywhere. I was afraid to park it until a seventy year old gentleman in a beat up old pickup pulled up next to me at a stoplight and yelled "damn that's a bad--- car!" at me. The car has the look, sound, the comfort, the feel and the power. Thanks Dodge!

Only complaint is the fuel mileage,but its a little better than my 20 year old Benz. I have every option available. My salesperson really couldn't explain everything. I spent 3 weeks trying to figure everything out. Boy, it sure is fun now!