2008 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By lyss on 11/15/11 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my charger in late 2008 and I still own it. I cannot seem to find myself wanting to trade it in due to having no problems with it. I wrecked it back in early 2010 and even with all the repairs that were done at the dodge dealership I have had good luck so far... This is my 2nd dodge I have owned and plan on sticking with it.

Went back to Dodge
By jp384 on 08/23/11 23:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After sinking large amounts of money into a Pacifica we traded it for the charger. Its everything I hoped it would be. Got it used so it needs the 60k service soon (at 58k now) but checked out on Carfaxs and we got the go ahead from our mechanic, along with an extend warranty. Handles better then my old Intrepid and much better then the v6 3 ton Pacifica. Best drive on highway 101 I've ever had, and I know I have the power to pass if needed, along with fantastic brakes to stop. No knocks, trany problems or electrical problems but I don't hot rod it or floor it all the time. Very responsive and forgiving at the same time. If you buy used, take it to the mechanic first.

lemon--should have been yellow
By grandmas race car on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In cold weather relay shorts the car still starts but no heat, no radio & gear shifter won't move. Passenger side front power window occasionally quits working. Have replaced tie rod ends, (floor pedal assembly& throttle controls twice) & now it needs a new heater core. It't definitely fun but a financial drain. It may have a lifetrain powertrain warranty but not worth the hassles. This is not a keeper

Dad's Car !
By Frank on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving around a Honda CR-V for a year I needed a new car because that Honda is boring! This R/T is a blast the HEMI roars or just chills whenever you want this car does it. Nice roomy cabin, heated seats, nice back seat for the kids and much more ! For the money you can beat this car If I wanted a Honda I would have bought a Honda.

She's BAD!
By Marcus Seals on 02/13/10 03:17 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted this car when I saw the concept, but they completely changed the design. I waited and almost bought a G8. This is a very reliable car and is built pretty good. The dealership takes extremely good care of me and her. I got some exhaust work done and didn't even take off the factory system. It sounds like a champ now! I really enjoy driving this car. I paid only 26,000 brand new oh yeah! Best car so far! My mother calls it hers b/c she loves it.

2008 dodge Charger RT RWD
By steve mackanos on 02/02/10 17:36 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car Rocks fun to drive handles like a dream safe feeling. The police depts use these for a good reason. Fast and can handle being driven hard....The MPG on the HWY if you set the cruise around 28.......Big trunk and plenty room for two kids in the back with car seats......See ya in the fast lane!

Hemi Orange Daytona R/T
By James on 10/16/09 23:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got this car in April of 2008 and have been in heaven ever since. It isn't an old school Charger by any means but it is a different Charger for a different generation, I had a '69 many moons ago, loved it just as much. "Duke" impresses me every time I turn the key, runs like a scolded dog, handles like a dream, and can make as much white smoke as I want it to. however, new rubber isn't cheap, lol. People like it, I don't much like all the attention it draws, but i'm getting used to it. Gas mileage is pretty good considering it's pumping 350 hp out of the HEMI. Hands down the best new car purchase i've ever made and my next target is the Challenger R/T so my wife can have this one...Buy One!!

Great Car!
By duginmt on 09/11/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 21K miles, saved about 10K over new. It started out life as an FBI undercover car for the first 2,500 miles. Then a private party bought it and installed 20" X 8" wheels and Kuhmo tires, along with a spoiler. Love the looks of this car, and it has plenty of power stock. It is the quickest car I have ever owned. The keyless key fobs are a little weird but I am getting used to it. The car has a firm but comfortable ride, and handles very well. I do not find the steering wheel effort to be too hard at all. About right for a sports sedan. My 4-year-old son thinks it is a racing car, the fastest car around, he says! So far, it seems very reliable. Buy 1!

What a Ride!
By DRH on 08/26/09 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Charger as my retirement present to myself. I LOVE IT!. I added a K&N cold air box and laminar flow air inlet. It was supposed to add 20 HP, I don't think it did, but it sounds GREAT! The car is Tor-red, with the chrome clad wheels. I'm constantly being stopped to talk about it. I have 20K miles on it, and have only done oil changes and tire rotation. Great acceleration, fun cornering. I don't drive it much in the snow, but when I did, the computer did a good job with the wheel spin. I live in a rural-sub urban area, I get 20-22 mpg depending how close I get to the city. Much better mileage at 55 than 70 mph (over 30mpg at 55, 26mpg at 70). Try it out.

Rocket Ride
By JustOrange on 03/24/09 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded in a 04 Mazda 6 for this brand new, 2008 Daytona R/T. I drive Crown Vic's for a living and find a 4 cylinder gas friendly but boring! I have admired the new Charger since they were first debuted, but since it was an American car, I was weary. The Charger is the embodiement of everything I think "cool" cars should be - and everything that American cars should live up to. It is my absolute favorite car ever designed. I never got to buy "the" car up until now, I have always gotten the one that sufficed. This is just plain fun to drive. Gas milage is not the selling point to these, but I will gladly sacrifice in that dpt! I look forward to driving my car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.