Used 2008 Dodge Charger SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

This Car Attracts Criminals
By Antonio Solomon

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like my 08 Charger, but the car has been broken into too many times. The locking mechanism on these cars is very easy for criminals to manipulate. It is unfortunate that the manufacturers put this locking mechanism on the market. I stopped leaving things in the car after it was broken into for the first time in 2012. Here it is 2016 and the car is still being broken into. I am disheartened by the fact that my car was broken into on MLK day.

Looks great....
By Dan

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great looking full size car. But after that nothing but problems. Front end is weak even with my wife's driving. Needed new tie rods and tension struts before 50k miles. The blinkers malfunctioned, the clock spring in the steering wheel broke. Hvac recirculation door broke/stuck on recirculate so it constantly fogs up when cold. Now 2 recalls, one for an airbag and one for the ignition.

Luckily we purchased the dealer extended warranty, which I never do for anything.

Theft City
By Chris

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Dodge Charger 8 months ago and already my car has been broken into twice, both times the thieves used some kind of slim jim device and it took only seconds. All Chargers are easy to break into like this and I warn anyone who is going to purchase one to immediately get an alarm installed on it!!!

Quite Surprised
By Sina

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first experience with American cars, so far despite what I had heard before I'm pleasantly surprised. Charger is at the front and back, very quite engine, smooth transmission and extremely good on gas for a heavy muscle car. Interior has average quality, lots of plastic everywhere you look...One of the biggest problems I have wit this car is the stability, poor is the only word I can think of. There was some vibrating of the engine which is still there and some sort of strange problem wit tranny which i have been told all of them have (it kind of unsmooth at the beginning of movement). Over all if you can find it for a cheap price, I would definitely say go for it.

Roominess, very quiet, fuel efficiency, smooth tranny

better quality, more stability, more luxury or up to date indicator

No Buyer's Remorse Here
By Brian

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I ended up purchasing this car after my 2002 Grand Prix was totaled. So far, the Charger has been everything I was hoping for. The 3.5 engine at 250 hp has plenty of pick up for this heavier car. It handles very well, the ride is smooth, and from the interior the engine is seems really quiet. Going from FWD to RWD was a slight adjustment, especially in winter driving conditions, but the RWD Charger has held its own, even going uphill on black ice. The interior is comfortable,functional, and simple, not flashy or luxury-like. To date, fuel mileage has been surprisingly good, equaling or bettering the Grand Prix despite a lower fuel rating. It's a fun car and I'm an very happy with it.

Engine performance, outside styling, interior room and truck space.

Column between rear door windows and back window creates larger blind spots so you need to be careful when changing lanes.