Used 2008 Dodge Charger Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Update to my review from 8/6/10
By jagon91

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the car and my only problem then was the hard shift in the transmission. Now not only does it do that all the time but my mpgs have gotten worse. My steering column has gotten stuck while driving around a corner under a bridge which in turn messed up my turn signal lever. Also the sentry key is a joke. New battery every 2 weeks for that thing. not cheap at $8 a piece. The key died and I got stranded over an hour away from home in a small town that had only had a gas station. Talked to dodge about my problems but they wouldn't do anything to help at all. They wanted me to replace my key for $245! Never will I buy from dodge again.

The styling is amazing and the handling is as well. I can honestly say it is VERY durable. Hit a deer one night going 65 and all we got was a very small crack in the bumper and the grill was knocked a little loose.

New transmission, a key that doesn't die so quickly, better quality materials inside, better a/c(I understand its a big car but a Huge Tahoe cools off faster than this thing), smaller steering wheel, better visisbility. Between the horrid blind spots, poor reliability, and dodges abysmal customer service I will never own a dodge again.

Great car!
By Jeremy G!

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car off an old acquaintance and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I love the handling and engine roar I get when I floor it, granted I do only have the 2.7 v6. Interior is kinda boring with all the solid black plastic. Also poor visibility from inside, feel like I'm in a tank. LOL

love the black paint job with the glitter flakes, the styling, and the stock sound system. it's really great for stock.

build quality and also better tranny. mine shifts pretty hard between 1st and sec at cruising speeds sometimes. also better mpg, of course 22" rims don't help. ;)

Dont get a 3.5 Charger
By paulseid

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission mishaps after 30,000 miles. Bumps in between shifts. Numerous trips to dealer for software reinstalls that had no effect on the deteriorating transmission. I hear the R/T with its German made tranny was a lot better. Should have done more research. This transmission is terrible and also the driver has no access to a transmission dipstick. One tech who I have to give some credit too had an idea to make an adjustment to a part of the tranny but I wanted a new transmission as the car was only a year old. Chrysler did not acknowledge there was any real problem. Never Chrysler never again is my motto.

looks

Transmission, interior quality, manual transmission, entire service network needs to be replaced. Hack non acknowledgment of customer complaints at many of the dealers I went to.

I never liked Dodge
By Jaguar1024

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Last year when deciding what to buy I drove several cars from BMW's to Mazdas. I saved Dodge for last mainly because I have always thought of them as cheap, ugly and unreliable. I loved the Chargers styling but what blew me away was the handling and the speed, granted I only got the 2.7 but its acceleration, handling and comfort blew away the Mazda 6 and Honda Civic and easily equaled the Taurus SHO (except in acceleration) and the BMW 3 series. I got mine for just a hair over $11,000.00 including tax title etc. and I have to say that it is one of the better cars I have ever owned. So far I have had no technical issues at all and it has been rock solid so far.

Peppy and excitable 2.7 L V6 is a true pleasure and regularly averages right around 30 mpg unless I cane it everywhere I go. Brilliant styling and a thoughtfully laid out interior. It handles and accelerates like my old BMW 635 used to, a remarkable feat considering the price.

Better quality construction materials would be nice, the bumpers and panels can all flex with a touch and do give it a cheap tinny feel, no lip on the trunk would make the trunk much easier to load, unload. The headlight covers are also very poorly sealed and get moisture in them quite easily.

COMPLAINT
By vic

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Was thinking we got a good car and what I always wanted with 20,100 miles got last DEC 2009 noticed a ticking and getting worse with the colder and running took to local dealer said fixed and a little tapping was normal and would go away did not so took to dealer we bought from and said oh ya something definitely wrong replaced pump tensioner pivot arm antifreeze 2 valves 3 rocker arms seal valve guide 2 gasket cylinder head gasket timing case cover seal water pump to front gasket intake manifold antifreeze tensioner when I got it back it did sound like a car should now there is an idling issue and a vibration when you shift from gear to gear need to take in again at this point I am tired of th

the look

that if the car has something wrong with it don't sell it like that fix the damned thing i will have to say though that everything is under warranty and besides them not believing and saying oh ya there is something wrong with it they should have believed me in the first place