Used 2008 Dodge Charger RT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By lyss

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my charger in late 2008 and I still own it. I cannot seem to find myself wanting to trade it in due to having no problems with it. I wrecked it back in early 2010 and even with all the repairs that were done at the dodge dealership I have had good luck so far... This is my 2nd dodge I have owned and plan on sticking with it.

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, Computerized screen system love it!

Suggested Improvements

The shifter is rough and you change the gears.

Went back to Dodge
By jp384

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After sinking large amounts of money into a Pacifica we traded it for the charger. Its everything I hoped it would be. Got it used so it needs the 60k service soon (at 58k now) but checked out on Carfaxs and we got the go ahead from our mechanic, along with an extend warranty. Handles better then my old Intrepid and much better then the v6 3 ton Pacifica. Best drive on highway 101 I've ever had, and I know I have the power to pass if needed, along with fantastic brakes to stop. No knocks, trany problems or electrical problems but I don't hot rod it or floor it all the time. Very responsive and forgiving at the same time. If you buy used, take it to the mechanic first.

Favorite Features

Fog lights, smooth shifting transmission, great brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Dumbest location of cruse control I've ever come across and why must it be a nob now? Miss the radio control on the back of the steering wheel that was on the Pacifica. Bluetooth mic could be a lot better.

lemon--should have been yellow
By grandmas race car

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In cold weather relay shorts the car still starts but no heat, no radio & gear shifter won't move. Passenger side front power window occasionally quits working. Have replaced tie rod ends, (floor pedal assembly& throttle controls twice) & now it needs a new heater core. It't definitely fun but a financial drain. It may have a lifetrain powertrain warranty but not worth the hassles. This is not a keeper

Dad's Car !
By Frank

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving around a Honda CR-V for a year I needed a new car because that Honda is boring! This R/T is a blast the HEMI roars or just chills whenever you want this car does it. Nice roomy cabin, heated seats, nice back seat for the kids and much more ! For the money you can beat this car If I wanted a Honda I would have bought a Honda.

Favorite Features

Radio, sunroof, hemi engine, seats, led.

Suggested Improvements

My only compliant is that some of the small parts in the cabin might not last a lifetime :)B

She's BAD!
By Marcus Seals

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted this car when I saw the concept, but they completely changed the design. I waited and almost bought a G8. This is a very reliable car and is built pretty good. The dealership takes extremely good care of me and her. I got some exhaust work done and didn't even take off the factory system. It sounds like a champ now! I really enjoy driving this car. I paid only 26,000 brand new oh yeah! Best car so far! My mother calls it hers b/c she loves it.

Favorite Features

The deisgn and the sound! Sounds better than the SRT8!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.