Used 2008 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By lyss

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my charger in late 2008 and I still own it. I cannot seem to find myself wanting to trade it in due to having no problems with it. I wrecked it back in early 2010 and even with all the repairs that were done at the dodge dealership I have had good luck so far... This is my 2nd dodge I have owned and plan on sticking with it.

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, Computerized screen system love it!

Suggested Improvements

The shifter is rough and you change the gears.

Went back to Dodge
By jp384

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After sinking large amounts of money into a Pacifica we traded it for the charger. Its everything I hoped it would be. Got it used so it needs the 60k service soon (at 58k now) but checked out on Carfaxs and we got the go ahead from our mechanic, along with an extend warranty. Handles better then my old Intrepid and much better then the v6 3 ton Pacifica. Best drive on highway 101 I've ever had, and I know I have the power to pass if needed, along with fantastic brakes to stop. No knocks, trany problems or electrical problems but I don't hot rod it or floor it all the time. Very responsive and forgiving at the same time. If you buy used, take it to the mechanic first.

Favorite Features

Fog lights, smooth shifting transmission, great brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Dumbest location of cruse control I've ever come across and why must it be a nob now? Miss the radio control on the back of the steering wheel that was on the Pacifica. Bluetooth mic could be a lot better.

Update to my review from 8/6/10
By jagon91

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the car and my only problem then was the hard shift in the transmission. Now not only does it do that all the time but my mpgs have gotten worse. My steering column has gotten stuck while driving around a corner under a bridge which in turn messed up my turn signal lever. Also the sentry key is a joke. New battery every 2 weeks for that thing. not cheap at $8 a piece. The key died and I got stranded over an hour away from home in a small town that had only had a gas station. Talked to dodge about my problems but they wouldn't do anything to help at all. They wanted me to replace my key for $245! Never will I buy from dodge again.

Favorite Features

The styling is amazing and the handling is as well. I can honestly say it is VERY durable. Hit a deer one night going 65 and all we got was a very small crack in the bumper and the grill was knocked a little loose.

Suggested Improvements

New transmission, a key that doesn't die so quickly, better quality materials inside, better a/c(I understand its a big car but a Huge Tahoe cools off faster than this thing), smaller steering wheel, better visisbility. Between the horrid blind spots, poor reliability, and dodges abysmal customer service I will never own a dodge again.

Unhappy w/ 2nd charger
By Anonymous

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I currently drive a 2008 charger I bought used in August. This car has already had a new transmission and has been in the shop 5 times. I had all my dummy lights come on (which I have pictures of) imediately took it in to have the dealership find no codes. The car at one point was stalling to again find no codes. Currently it is in the shop for kicking, stalling, and occasionly not going in reverse. Just got off the phone with the dealership and again no codes. I don't know what to do. I have already taken it to a different dealership. This is my replacement charger I previously had an 07 that I had to tow to dealership to find out it had frame damage not reported in carfax.

Favorite Features

None at this time

lemon--should have been yellow
By grandmas race car

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In cold weather relay shorts the car still starts but no heat, no radio & gear shifter won't move. Passenger side front power window occasionally quits working. Have replaced tie rod ends, (floor pedal assembly& throttle controls twice) & now it needs a new heater core. It't definitely fun but a financial drain. It may have a lifetrain powertrain warranty but not worth the hassles. This is not a keeper