Used 2008 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Soda can
By Becky

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was traveling 35 mph.a car in front of me slammed on brakes, I hit the back of his 2005 Jeep liberty.my front end,motor,and axle was smashed almost into the inside of my car.while his back bumper had only scratches.the air bags didn't deploy.my car was a total lost.always had front end suspension problem also

This Car Attracts Criminals
By Antonio Solomon

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like my 08 Charger, but the car has been broken into too many times. The locking mechanism on these cars is very easy for criminals to manipulate. It is unfortunate that the manufacturers put this locking mechanism on the market. I stopped leaving things in the car after it was broken into for the first time in 2012. Here it is 2016 and the car is still being broken into. I am disheartened by the fact that my car was broken into on MLK day.

Looks great....
By Dan

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great looking full size car. But after that nothing but problems. Front end is weak even with my wife's driving. Needed new tie rods and tension struts before 50k miles. The blinkers malfunctioned, the clock spring in the steering wheel broke. Hvac recirculation door broke/stuck on recirculate so it constantly fogs up when cold. Now 2 recalls, one for an airbag and one for the ignition.

Luckily we purchased the dealer extended warranty, which I never do for anything.

Big Chunky Ride
By Dan

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Weighing in at 3800 pounds is the reason its big chunky. Its also the reason the car is hard on control arms, tie rods, and suspension. The motor is solid but it revs down real slow for some reason and has a "hemi tick" in the winter when its first started. Also a gnarly delay when you stab the throttle and when the rpms actually react to it,,, weird. The instrument panel has awkward half points that don't anything in between the floor / seat / dash air options. When turn the AC off or change from floor to dash position it actually takes about 8 seconds to respond. Full size sedan the corners stretch far on the blind spot beast. My car has had all struts replaced, also the lower control arms and now the upper ball joints are shot.

Warning Lights
By TSK

2008 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had my 2008 Dodge Charger SE for about 3 years n now I'm approaching 100,000 miles, I'm having problems with the Electronic Throttle Control warning lights. While driving for a certain amount of time, that light n the traction light comes on. Have changed several things n those lights still come on. Read several reviews n others complain of the same problem. Why isn't this a safety recall because I don't like driving a car that no one can fix. After taking my car to Olive C. Joseph, I had a vacuum leak which they fixed n the Charger is running fine. Lesson learned to Google problem then you can go to the Dealership and have them check it out. These reviews helped me narrow down the problem beforehand. Only concern is wet conditions.