2008 Dodge Charger SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Charger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Sort Reviews by

Theft City
By Chris

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Dodge Charger 8 months ago and already my car has been broken into twice, both times the thieves used some kind of slim jim device and it took only seconds. All Chargers are easy to break into like this and I warn anyone who is going to purchase one to immediately get an alarm installed on it!!!

Quite Surprised
By Sina

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first experience with American cars, so far despite what I had heard before I'm pleasantly surprised. Charger is at the front and back, very quite engine, smooth transmission and extremely good on gas for a heavy muscle car. Interior has average quality, lots of plastic everywhere you look...One of the biggest problems I have wit this car is the stability, poor is the only word I can think of. There was some vibrating of the engine which is still there and some sort of strange problem wit tranny which i have been told all of them have (it kind of unsmooth at the beginning of movement). Over all if you can find it for a cheap price, I would definitely say go for it.

Favorite Features

Roominess, very quiet, fuel efficiency, smooth tranny

Suggested Improvements

better quality, more stability, more luxury or up to date indicator

No Buyer's Remorse Here
By Brian

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I ended up purchasing this car after my 2002 Grand Prix was totaled. So far, the Charger has been everything I was hoping for. The 3.5 engine at 250 hp has plenty of pick up for this heavier car. It handles very well, the ride is smooth, and from the interior the engine is seems really quiet. Going from FWD to RWD was a slight adjustment, especially in winter driving conditions, but the RWD Charger has held its own, even going uphill on black ice. The interior is comfortable,functional, and simple, not flashy or luxury-like. To date, fuel mileage has been surprisingly good, equaling or bettering the Grand Prix despite a lower fuel rating. It's a fun car and I'm an very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, outside styling, interior room and truck space.

Suggested Improvements

Column between rear door windows and back window creates larger blind spots so you need to be careful when changing lanes.

Great
By Jen

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We just purchased our 2008 Charger and LOVE IT! It is an awesome car! The inside has plenty of room and the trunk is huge. It rides and drives great. The stock stereo is wonderful. I had someone ask if I had put my own system in. I let them know that it was the system that came in the car. We also get lots of of people wanting to look and drive the car. So far I have not found ANY problems.

Favorite Features

Everything

Awesome Car
By PooJesse

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So first off, this car is awesome. I got a lot of looks in it. Put some dual exhaust on it, made it sound way cooler! A little boost in power as well. I was at work after hours and was doing donuts with it. No lack of power in the V6. :-D

Favorite Features

The look and feel of it, it's a beast!

Suggested Improvements

Hmm, I have to think about this one. I guess real chrome rims, not plastic clad ones. :-(

awsome car
By snackers

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car, smooth ride, roomy interior and looks sweet. Gas mileage is not the best but when It rides and looks like it does, who cares.

Favorite Features

back seat, sun roof heck the whole car

Suggested Improvements

blind spots, but just have to be more cautious.

charge it back...
By charge it back

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car looks as if its going to float with ease, and it is very deceiving! Very nice to look at then you get in it and Wonder "what have I gotten myself into". My 3 yr old pacts more Punch then this car. Maybe they should put the battery back under the hood (LOL) the gas leaves faster than the car actually goes! I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to my enemy! For what you pay it's not worth it! I'm sorry it is such a let down in performance but the compliments are great. Only if they knew. So to sum it all up the gas miles suck, performance is weak but hey I look good driving it. Guess thats worth it. Not! Let me even out the compliments it has great trunk space. So know its worth it. Not!

Favorite Features

Looks great inside and out, great trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Performance gas miles and oh yeah performance

Very Disappointed
By Unhappycamper

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It sounds like I am the only one but I am so disappointed with my new car. I have wanted a Charger since they hit the ground. After all the waiting until I could afford one, I ended up buying the lemon from the lot. My car has 850 miles on it and has been in the shop 5 times for the transmission. When the transmissions shifts between 1st & 2nd gear it feels like I am driving over railroad tracks & it does this every time I stop & take off. The dealership says this is normal and it should work itself out after I have drove it 3000 miles or more. They also say that 1/2 of them do this & 1/2 of them don't. I don't even want to drive it. The excitement is gone.

Favorite Features

I love the body style and the room it has. The car is beautiful and looks very sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Try and improve the blind spots. Check the transmissions on the 1/2 of the cars that have this problem.

Lots of Compliments
By Chargerking

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car so far. I have only driven it 700 miles so far. Be prepared to get compliments daily about the style. I got the se plus with the 3.5 L. O. V-6 that supplies surprising performance and fair gas mileage. The 18 inch aluminum rims and brilliant black metallic makes it look stunning. Tons of interior room, very comfortable and is a pleasant choice from the boring cookie cutter cars. Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Exterior style,Interior room and Sirius Satelite.

Suggested Improvements

Standard fold down rear seats.

Looks fast sitting still
By Dodge SE Plus

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

LOVE IT! This replaced our 2001 Dodge Ram Sport, and looks like it's tough little brother or sister. Our Ram was all black, sport package. Our Charger is all black just like our Ram. We just got the windows tinted black and it looks fast just sitting there! Gotta love the attitude this car gives off. ROOMY interior - WOW! Don't pull up too far at some lights - the roof can block them. Fun to take turns a little too fast in! LOVE Sirius - haven't listened to the "real" radio yet! Would LOVE to have a sunroof as an option on this model. Looks kind of like a great white shark at the front - love it's tough look! Get one!

Favorite Features

WIDE cabin, roomy trunk, satellite radio.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof option on lower end models.