2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Update to my review from 8/6/10
By jagon91 on 08/13/11 16:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the car and my only problem then was the hard shift in the transmission. Now not only does it do that all the time but my mpgs have gotten worse. My steering column has gotten stuck while driving around a corner under a bridge which in turn messed up my turn signal lever. Also the sentry key is a joke. New battery every 2 weeks for that thing. not cheap at $8 a piece. The key died and I got stranded over an hour away from home in a small town that had only had a gas station. Talked to dodge about my problems but they wouldn't do anything to help at all. They wanted me to replace my key for $245! Never will I buy from dodge again.

Great car!
By Jeremy G! on 08/06/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car off an old acquaintance and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I love the handling and engine roar I get when I floor it, granted I do only have the 2.7 v6. Interior is kinda boring with all the solid black plastic. Also poor visibility from inside, feel like I'm in a tank. LOL

Dont get a 3.5 Charger
By paulseid on 05/20/10 21:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission mishaps after 30,000 miles. Bumps in between shifts. Numerous trips to dealer for software reinstalls that had no effect on the deteriorating transmission. I hear the R/T with its German made tranny was a lot better. Should have done more research. This transmission is terrible and also the driver has no access to a transmission dipstick. One tech who I have to give some credit too had an idea to make an adjustment to a part of the tranny but I wanted a new transmission as the car was only a year old. Chrysler did not acknowledge there was any real problem. Never Chrysler never again is my motto.

I never liked Dodge
By Jaguar1024 on 04/27/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Last year when deciding what to buy I drove several cars from BMW's to Mazdas. I saved Dodge for last mainly because I have always thought of them as cheap, ugly and unreliable. I loved the Chargers styling but what blew me away was the handling and the speed, granted I only got the 2.7 but its acceleration, handling and comfort blew away the Mazda 6 and Honda Civic and easily equaled the Taurus SHO (except in acceleration) and the BMW 3 series. I got mine for just a hair over $11,000.00 including tax title etc. and I have to say that it is one of the better cars I have ever owned. So far I have had no technical issues at all and it has been rock solid so far.

COMPLAINT
By vic on 04/14/10 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Was thinking we got a good car and what I always wanted with 20,100 miles got last DEC 2009 noticed a ticking and getting worse with the colder and running took to local dealer said fixed and a little tapping was normal and would go away did not so took to dealer we bought from and said oh ya something definitely wrong replaced pump tensioner pivot arm antifreeze 2 valves 3 rocker arms seal valve guide 2 gasket cylinder head gasket timing case cover seal water pump to front gasket intake manifold antifreeze tensioner when I got it back it did sound like a car should now there is an idling issue and a vibration when you shift from gear to gear need to take in again at this point I am tired of th

Nice fun car to drive
By Don on 01/30/10 00:42 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We loved the car overall.

Awesome!
By Danielle on 01/18/10 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't seen too many reviews from women so here's one. I just bought my 2008 Charger from Enterprise Rental. Great deal, clean CARFAX, love the car. It's a base model but can't imagine needing a bigger engine. This car hauls! Loved my old Dodge and this one drives even better. Seat seems low compared to my old Dodge Stratus but I'm 5'4" tall and visibility is good after putting the headrests all the way down and adjusting the passenger seat. No one buys a Charger for fuel efficiency but it's not too bad. I fill up about once a week. I definitely made the right choice buying this car. So fun to drive, it puts a smile on my face! Seems a shame to haul groceries with it.

Charger
By Josh on 12/20/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have 2008 Charger with 60,000 miles. I lease 2 years and go only to 60 K. I have bought Impalas, Intrepeds, magnums and now a charger. I love this car. I am up for a new one and have ben looking around. I like driving a big rear wheel drive car. What I really love the way it handles. I have had one issue, the key stopped working and I had to have the car towed. I am always scared about the Trans.

2008 Charger
By Josh on 12/19/09 18:12 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Charger 60,000 miles. w2.7 v6. The car is bid and I have had only two issues with this car. One I had to tow it bad key. Also bad tow problem. They replaced the front tie rod. It has been fine since. The car is coming off lease and surprising I think I am going to buy another Charger. The car is big and handles well. It also get good MFG. I am looking at Camry (Boring and slow) Impala (fast but sloppy handling) Ford Tourus (Close second) Accord (Nice but slow and back hurts) They say Dodge stinks but $22,000 its hard to beat!

The Charger IS Awesome
By chris on 09/28/09 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went From a 2000 chevy Blazer To a 2008 Charger. Thats a major change to me from a gas destroyer to a gas saver and at the same time a better look. bought mine used with 30k miles and i have not had a problem at all with it even when i looked at the car fax stated no prior services recored well kept and when running it sounds like a Angle. I love my Charger.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.