Used 2008 Dodge Charger Base Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Soda can
By Becky

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was traveling 35 mph.a car in front of me slammed on brakes, I hit the back of his 2005 Jeep liberty.my front end,motor,and axle was smashed almost into the inside of my car.while his back bumper had only scratches.the air bags didn't deploy.my car was a total lost.always had front end suspension problem also

Warning Lights
By TSK

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had my 2008 Dodge Charger SE for about 3 years n now I'm approaching 100,000 miles, I'm having problems with the Electronic Throttle Control warning lights. While driving for a certain amount of time, that light n the traction light comes on. Have changed several things n those lights still come on. Read several reviews n others complain of the same problem. Why isn't this a safety recall because I don't like driving a car that no one can fix. After taking my car to Olive C. Joseph, I had a vacuum leak which they fixed n the Charger is running fine. Lesson learned to Google problem then you can go to the Dealership and have them check it out. These reviews helped me narrow down the problem beforehand. Only concern is wet conditions.

Update to my review from 8/6/10
By jagon91

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the car and my only problem then was the hard shift in the transmission. Now not only does it do that all the time but my mpgs have gotten worse. My steering column has gotten stuck while driving around a corner under a bridge which in turn messed up my turn signal lever. Also the sentry key is a joke. New battery every 2 weeks for that thing. not cheap at $8 a piece. The key died and I got stranded over an hour away from home in a small town that had only had a gas station. Talked to dodge about my problems but they wouldn't do anything to help at all. They wanted me to replace my key for $245! Never will I buy from dodge again.

The styling is amazing and the handling is as well. I can honestly say it is VERY durable. Hit a deer one night going 65 and all we got was a very small crack in the bumper and the grill was knocked a little loose.

New transmission, a key that doesn't die so quickly, better quality materials inside, better a/c(I understand its a big car but a Huge Tahoe cools off faster than this thing), smaller steering wheel, better visisbility. Between the horrid blind spots, poor reliability, and dodges abysmal customer service I will never own a dodge again.

Great car!
By Jeremy G!

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car off an old acquaintance and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I love the handling and engine roar I get when I floor it, granted I do only have the 2.7 v6. Interior is kinda boring with all the solid black plastic. Also poor visibility from inside, feel like I'm in a tank. LOL

love the black paint job with the glitter flakes, the styling, and the stock sound system. it's really great for stock.

build quality and also better tranny. mine shifts pretty hard between 1st and sec at cruising speeds sometimes. also better mpg, of course 22" rims don't help. ;)

Dont get a 3.5 Charger
By paulseid

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission mishaps after 30,000 miles. Bumps in between shifts. Numerous trips to dealer for software reinstalls that had no effect on the deteriorating transmission. I hear the R/T with its German made tranny was a lot better. Should have done more research. This transmission is terrible and also the driver has no access to a transmission dipstick. One tech who I have to give some credit too had an idea to make an adjustment to a part of the tranny but I wanted a new transmission as the car was only a year old. Chrysler did not acknowledge there was any real problem. Never Chrysler never again is my motto.

looks

Transmission, interior quality, manual transmission, entire service network needs to be replaced. Hack non acknowledgment of customer complaints at many of the dealers I went to.