2008 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By lyss on 11/15/11 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my charger in late 2008 and I still own it. I cannot seem to find myself wanting to trade it in due to having no problems with it. I wrecked it back in early 2010 and even with all the repairs that were done at the dodge dealership I have had good luck so far... This is my 2nd dodge I have owned and plan on sticking with it.

Went back to Dodge
By jp384 on 08/23/11 23:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After sinking large amounts of money into a Pacifica we traded it for the charger. Its everything I hoped it would be. Got it used so it needs the 60k service soon (at 58k now) but checked out on Carfaxs and we got the go ahead from our mechanic, along with an extend warranty. Handles better then my old Intrepid and much better then the v6 3 ton Pacifica. Best drive on highway 101 I've ever had, and I know I have the power to pass if needed, along with fantastic brakes to stop. No knocks, trany problems or electrical problems but I don't hot rod it or floor it all the time. Very responsive and forgiving at the same time. If you buy used, take it to the mechanic first.

Update to my review from 8/6/10
By jagon91 on 08/13/11 16:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the car and my only problem then was the hard shift in the transmission. Now not only does it do that all the time but my mpgs have gotten worse. My steering column has gotten stuck while driving around a corner under a bridge which in turn messed up my turn signal lever. Also the sentry key is a joke. New battery every 2 weeks for that thing. not cheap at $8 a piece. The key died and I got stranded over an hour away from home in a small town that had only had a gas station. Talked to dodge about my problems but they wouldn't do anything to help at all. They wanted me to replace my key for $245! Never will I buy from dodge again.

Unhappy w/ 2nd charger
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 12:13 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I currently drive a 2008 charger I bought used in August. This car has already had a new transmission and has been in the shop 5 times. I had all my dummy lights come on (which I have pictures of) imediately took it in to have the dealership find no codes. The car at one point was stalling to again find no codes. Currently it is in the shop for kicking, stalling, and occasionly not going in reverse. Just got off the phone with the dealership and again no codes. I don't know what to do. I have already taken it to a different dealership. This is my replacement charger I previously had an 07 that I had to tow to dealership to find out it had frame damage not reported in carfax.

lemon--should have been yellow
By grandmas race car on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In cold weather relay shorts the car still starts but no heat, no radio & gear shifter won't move. Passenger side front power window occasionally quits working. Have replaced tie rod ends, (floor pedal assembly& throttle controls twice) & now it needs a new heater core. It't definitely fun but a financial drain. It may have a lifetrain powertrain warranty but not worth the hassles. This is not a keeper

Dad's Car !
By Frank on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving around a Honda CR-V for a year I needed a new car because that Honda is boring! This R/T is a blast the HEMI roars or just chills whenever you want this car does it. Nice roomy cabin, heated seats, nice back seat for the kids and much more ! For the money you can beat this car If I wanted a Honda I would have bought a Honda.

AWD heaven
By scogg on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Who knew you could get Mercedes AWD underpinnings with a HEMI? Worried about traction in snow/rain given power and AWD takes that worry away. Interior is roomy, got used to the visibility, and rear view mirror in my old Acura now feels too close! Don't understand not having mirror with microphone for bluetooth capability as part of nav package, mine doesn't and is an exam $550 for the mirror.

The Beast!
By Hemi Srt-8 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where do I start? In two words this car is "a beast"! The combination of the horsepower and torque on this car is ridiculously amazing! I've been driving this car for about 6 months now & it sill amazes me. Mostly no cars on the road can compete with it (there's only a few that can). Given the aggressive looks on the outside, the blazing speed on this beast, the enormous amount of space in the interior, etc. This car is like no other (its in a class all by itself). Especially when you factor in all the great features and qualities this car has for the amount of money it costs this car is among the elite. I can go on & on about this car but my best advice is to drive one and see for yourself.

Great car!
By Jeremy G! on 08/06/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car off an old acquaintance and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I love the handling and engine roar I get when I floor it, granted I do only have the 2.7 v6. Interior is kinda boring with all the solid black plastic. Also poor visibility from inside, feel like I'm in a tank. LOL

Dont get a 3.5 Charger
By paulseid on 05/20/10 21:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission mishaps after 30,000 miles. Bumps in between shifts. Numerous trips to dealer for software reinstalls that had no effect on the deteriorating transmission. I hear the R/T with its German made tranny was a lot better. Should have done more research. This transmission is terrible and also the driver has no access to a transmission dipstick. One tech who I have to give some credit too had an idea to make an adjustment to a part of the tranny but I wanted a new transmission as the car was only a year old. Chrysler did not acknowledge there was any real problem. Never Chrysler never again is my motto.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.