2007 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Fast...fun...fantastic!

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Review

By Andy on

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Now I've only had my RT for a short period of time, but I've been amazed at the quality of the handling and the ride. I moved up from a Saab 9-3 so it's nice to feel like I have enough room to stretch out. This car is big. Very big. Yet it drives like a sports car. The ride is soft, though not too cushy, and the handling is quite responsive. In fact, I was debating whether to buy a new Charger or a lightly-used Jaguar XJR. Yes, I actually preferred the ride and handling of the Charger over a car that costs nearly $90k new. The downside: the mileage. It actually does get pretty good highway mileage (20+ mpg), but I average about 12 mpg in Southern California commuter driving.

I'd be lying if I didn't love the Hemi! I bought the Road & Track package, which has the upgraded seats; they really cradle you. I'm impressed with how nimbly a car of this size handles.

I was a bit disappointed that every radio had an iPod jack except for the version with the navigation system. Also, I don't care much for the door handles--I really prefer the type where I can "grab and pull" (like the type on most trucks) better.