Used 2007 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Beats the old ones!
By Plum Crazy SRT8

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned musclecars of all types over the last 30 years from 455CID 442's to 440 powered MOPARS and this car beats them all. Yeah, yeah it's a 4 door but so what, it crushes any of the old cars in ride, handling and especially performance. Stock 1/4 mile times in the high 12's and 0-60 in the mid to high 4 second range prove what a beast this car is. The Plum Crazy color takes me back to 1970-71 when the Dodge Scat Pack prowled the streets. The modern 6.1L Hemi is underrated at 425hp, it's closer to 450hp! That is net horsepower, not gross like in the old days. Get one while you still can because these cars will be gone forever by 2012.

6.1L HEMI Handling Aggressive styling. How it makes me feel 20 years old again!

Brake dust - too much!

so pretty it hurts to look at
By L.T.

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My co-worker described it better than I ever could have when I parked my new black charger in our lot. "It's so pretty it's hard to look at, but it looks like it might eat all the cars". nuff said?

the smooth ride and quiet acceleration, perfectly comfortable seats, awesome speakers, the sleek, muscular build

back seat cup holders

What a blast...
By Chris

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

For all who have the SRT8 or buy something similar, Performance & Styling must be the first thing on your mind. It can't be, or shouldn't be, gas mileage, comfort, or even reliability. Sports cars, or in this case, Muscle Cars, are a breed all to themselves. They can't be huddled with the rest of the pack. They are specialty built and because of that, stand alone. This Charger SRT8 is what Dodge set it out to be. Cool looking, fast, fun and exhilarating to drive…not to mention an attention getter. It hits the mark in those areas 100% The sound of the V8 is balanced and perfect. I can’t say enough good things about it. Buy this car if you’re in the market.

Pipe hittin' V8! The sound at start shakes the soul & gets your senses salivating for more. The seats are supportive yet very comfortable. They are not harsh in any way. It feels like a big hug. The hands free Uconnect is an excellent feature...using it a lot. The Performance Meter!

The only thing that I could think of is a 3 spoke steering wheel as opposed to the one that's there. I can't wish for better gas mileage or for cylinder displacement. It's really not meant to do or have those things. CYA

Highly Disappointed
By Christine

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look and performance of my 2007 Dodge Charger SXT. However, transmission problems have come to light that make this vehicle very unsafe. While traveling on the highway and accelerating to pass, the transmission has locked up or something and the car loses power. I have had to coast to the side of the road, stop the car, and restart it to reboot the computer.

Body style and highway performance (when the transmission doesn't interfere)

Replace the Mercedes Benz transmission

Lovin' it
By Nick

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Coming from a Mazda 626 ('01) and prior an '01 Focus, the interior is spacious. I have a couple of bigger home boys and they sit comfortably. After the dealership threw in some 20" black and chrome rims, it looks great with my gray and black tinted windows. Wish I could have afforded the V-8, but when gas was 4.75+ a gallon, I knew it was a good buy. Very quick off the start. My wife can easily fit all our kids in there which is nice when I have to use the Durango for the snow. I highly suggest it, whether it be the V-6 to the Daytona version, the Charger is the way to go. I have driven the Daytona and boy, that is a car to be driven

Mean look. Very aggressive and precise turning.

Cup holders larger and reduced weight.