Used 2007 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

What a blast...
By Chris

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

For all who have the SRT8 or buy something similar, Performance & Styling must be the first thing on your mind. It can't be, or shouldn't be, gas mileage, comfort, or even reliability. Sports cars, or in this case, Muscle Cars, are a breed all to themselves. They can't be huddled with the rest of the pack. They are specialty built and because of that, stand alone. This Charger SRT8 is what Dodge set it out to be. Cool looking, fast, fun and exhilarating to drive…not to mention an attention getter. It hits the mark in those areas 100% The sound of the V8 is balanced and perfect. I can’t say enough good things about it. Buy this car if you’re in the market.

Favorite Features

Pipe hittin' V8! The sound at start shakes the soul & gets your senses salivating for more. The seats are supportive yet very comfortable. They are not harsh in any way. It feels like a big hug. The hands free Uconnect is an excellent feature...using it a lot. The Performance Meter!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I could think of is a 3 spoke steering wheel as opposed to the one that's there. I can't wish for better gas mileage or for cylinder displacement. It's really not meant to do or have those things. CYA

Highly Disappointed
By Christine

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look and performance of my 2007 Dodge Charger SXT. However, transmission problems have come to light that make this vehicle very unsafe. While traveling on the highway and accelerating to pass, the transmission has locked up or something and the car loses power. I have had to coast to the side of the road, stop the car, and restart it to reboot the computer.

Favorite Features

Body style and highway performance (when the transmission doesn't interfere)

Suggested Improvements

Replace the Mercedes Benz transmission

Lovin' it
By Nick

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Coming from a Mazda 626 ('01) and prior an '01 Focus, the interior is spacious. I have a couple of bigger home boys and they sit comfortably. After the dealership threw in some 20" black and chrome rims, it looks great with my gray and black tinted windows. Wish I could have afforded the V-8, but when gas was 4.75+ a gallon, I knew it was a good buy. Very quick off the start. My wife can easily fit all our kids in there which is nice when I have to use the Durango for the snow. I highly suggest it, whether it be the V-6 to the Daytona version, the Charger is the way to go. I have driven the Daytona and boy, that is a car to be driven

Favorite Features

Mean look. Very aggressive and precise turning.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders larger and reduced weight.

Beauty AND the Beast
By Tony

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the R/T with 33,000km, so far, did 2 oil changes at the dealer, the car is amazingly quiet and comfortable on the highway, Chrysler did a good job air-sealing this beast. Even on local roads when idling, you can barely hear that the engine is running. i get 8 L/100 km on the highway and about 15 L/100 km local, every time i fill it i get an average displayed around 13 L/100 km, now remember I drive agressively, so it's higher than regular. I did quite a bit of research before purchasing, and it's the best purchase i've ever made in my life!

Favorite Features

20 inch factory rims really grabs attention, the throaty mufflers are a bonus. 5.7 L engine that sounds like a corolla on the highway, but a corvette on local.

Suggested Improvements

touchscreen navi would be good, bigger screen would be good, rear-view mirror could be closer to the cabin, rear-view camera would be very helpful when backing up.

Still in Love after 18 months.
By Steve

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving my SRT8 Charger everyday for over a year now and I am still in love with this car. I am retired and do not have to drive, but if I look at my car I want to take it for a ride. The gas prices stopped that desire for a while so I learned how to drive the speed limit. The car is still jumpy as ever and if not for the brake dust, and the fact that the Goodyear RSA's lasted a good year/18 months, I would have no complaints.

Favorite Features

Mean looking front end/scoop. The incredible power and adjustable ESP. The fact that you get a free SRT Track Experience with purchase. Great day of driving.

Suggested Improvements

Tires. The 245/45/20's are hard to find in the aftermarket. Less brake dust.