Used 2007 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Well refined Hot Rod...
By nealuss

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for about 2 years now and so far no regrets. I spend a lot of time in it driving 40+ miles to work almost every day. So far I have no real complaints. Its a comfortable commuter with a more than adequate passing gear and a well equipped sports car at the same time. I would recommend the 3.5L to those who aren't concerned with performance, but if you are a car nut like me you should go no lower than the R/T.

Boston Acoustics stereo, standard leather on R/T and up, smooth ride quality, very spacious interior, head turning looks. I get complimented by customers at work every single day.

All R/T models should come with R&T performance package. I did not get the performance package because of the rarity in used models. 3.5L should be the base engine. As in 06, the 2.7L should be reserved for rental models. The 2.7L is not enough engine for this 4000lb car.

3.5L All The Way
By Sean B

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 07 SXT for a little over a year, and I've got to say that I'm about as happy as I thought I would be with it. This car is big, mean and downright commanding. If four-doors is the only reason people don't like this car, obviously they haven't driven one. Seeing isn't believing, driving is. The 07 has a step on the new models, since they down-tuned the engines to save on fuel, but with 250 across the board, that car has absolutely no problems moving. If you're going to buy one, I strongly suggest finding one with the 3.5L, you won't be sorry.

Perfect amount of engine for everyday use, wonderful cabin space, big trunk, aggressive styling

Tighten the boat-like turn radius, Add turn locks to prevent grinding. Also, it doesn't like the cold very well!

Take the 2.7L off the market!!!!!!!!
By Sarge

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After buying this car and riding in a friends RT, I should have gotten the RT or SRT8.. Yes the price was nice for a new car but, what was Dodge thinking?? No ABS on the SE and a 2.7L that can hardly pull itself out of the way???(Saves tires I guess). My friend tells me how his RT gets 15-20 around town (depnding on his foot) and a nice 25-30 on the highway.. This 2.7 is getting 12-17 in town and 21 on highway no matter how it is driven. What gives??? Anyway if you want a Charger >>>>>Get nothing lower than the SXT and you will be very happy... Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to give this to my highschooler, it is big, safe and SLOW!!!

The looks

DO AWAY WITH THE SE MODEL.....

I Never Knew It Would Be Like This
By Keith

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had been looking for a Charger for my wife. I saw this SRT 8 at the dealer so I thought I would test it. It was my 1st test drive of the SRT 8. I had to hold my smiles back when I got back to the dealer office. I rated the fuel economy at 9 and that number is based on muscle car economy. I'm averaging about 20 mpg on the highway and that number would be hard to beat for such a powerful engine.

6.1 Hemi...plain and simple is my favorite. Next would be the exterior design. Challenger proponents give me a hard time with the sedan styling..but any sedan that can give a "sucking seat" effect deserves some lee way.

The steering wheel mounted controls aren't very intuitive. Things like the cruise control and scrolling through settings and readings take some getting used to. But I wouldn't let that stop me from purchasing one!

great car
By kc

2007 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first mopar product in 48 years and you cant get a better choice for the money, it rides great, it looks great and is easy to own, with lots of room for upgrades.

roomy comfort interior and smooth ride.

better fuel mileage