2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
I Never Knew It Would Be Like This
By Keith on 09/19/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had been looking for a Charger for my wife. I saw this SRT 8 at the dealer so I thought I would test it. It was my 1st test drive of the SRT 8. I had to hold my smiles back when I got back to the dealer office. I rated the fuel economy at 9 and that number is based on muscle car economy. I'm averaging about 20 mpg on the highway and that number would be hard to beat for such a powerful engine.

Beats the old ones!
By Plum Crazy SRT8 on 04/27/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned musclecars of all types over the last 30 years from 455CID 442's to 440 powered MOPARS and this car beats them all. Yeah, yeah it's a 4 door but so what, it crushes any of the old cars in ride, handling and especially performance. Stock 1/4 mile times in the high 12's and 0-60 in the mid to high 4 second range prove what a beast this car is. The Plum Crazy color takes me back to 1970-71 when the Dodge Scat Pack prowled the streets. The modern 6.1L Hemi is underrated at 425hp, it's closer to 450hp! That is net horsepower, not gross like in the old days. Get one while you still can because these cars will be gone forever by 2012.

What a blast...
By Chris on 02/26/09 11:42 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

For all who have the SRT8 or buy something similar, Performance & Styling must be the first thing on your mind. It can't be, or shouldn't be, gas mileage, comfort, or even reliability. Sports cars, or in this case, Muscle Cars, are a breed all to themselves. They can't be huddled with the rest of the pack. They are specialty built and because of that, stand alone. This Charger SRT8 is what Dodge set it out to be. Cool looking, fast, fun and exhilarating to drive…not to mention an attention getter. It hits the mark in those areas 100% The sound of the V8 is balanced and perfect. I can’t say enough good things about it. Buy this car if you’re in the market.

Still in Love after 18 months.
By Steve on 09/03/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving my SRT8 Charger everyday for over a year now and I am still in love with this car. I am retired and do not have to drive, but if I look at my car I want to take it for a ride. The gas prices stopped that desire for a while so I learned how to drive the speed limit. The car is still jumpy as ever and if not for the brake dust, and the fact that the Goodyear RSA's lasted a good year/18 months, I would have no complaints.

Will not buy another
By Jose on 08/31/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive but is expensive to maintain after 40,000 miles. Fans go out and transmission has problems. Things that you should not have problems with at this mileage are failing. I had a 95 Chevy Impala SS that did not cost as much to maintain and I kept it until 125,000 miles. If looking to buy just remember it is a "DODGE".

Love my Charger SRT-8
By 2007 Charger SRT8 on 05/25/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Just got my SRT-8, great muscle car that handles and rides so well. Great styling, the HEMI absolutely rocks. The distinctive rumble when you step on the gas, yet ride quality is not sacrificed. The best part is that you get a great muscle car that you can take the family in. My wife loves it as well. Nice features, UConnect, navigation and Sirius radio are wonderful options.

Fun car, if you dont mind the fuel
By Chris on 05/23/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is a really fun car to drive, the seats are ultra comfy, the gauges are neat looking at night, and the autostick is actually pretty quick shifting. Great car if you dont mind the awful fuel mileage. For the price, fully loaded, you cant get much better than this.

by ted
By ted garrett on 03/22/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

have owned 1969 charger {383ci} and a 1973 charger {400ci} 1964 plymouth sport fury {383ci} a 2006 charger 5.7. every one of these were great. i'm 63 yrs and just bought the 6.1SRT. i put a $500.00 deposit at the police station just in case.

Awesome SRT-8
By Ron Nichols on 12/19/07 06:23 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car before gas went to $3.50 per gallon, but I would not hesitate to buy it again. It is an awesome car, beautiful, comfortable, attracts attention everywhere it goes, and with acceleration that shames any pont car. It is rated at 14/20 mpg but I always beat that. I average 20 in overall driving. Strictly interstate it will average 24-25 mpg. It is the most fun to drive of any car I've owned including a Cobra, a G-35, 2 SHO's, and a Grand Prix GTP. I only wish it was available with a 6-speed manual transmission.

You have to own it to understand
By Michael on 10/22/07 00:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've never had so much fun driving a car before. It is a car for the open road . All I can say is I bought it in feb 07 and I have 17000 miles on it. Love my Dodge.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.