Used 2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )

I Never Knew It Would Be Like This
By Keith

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had been looking for a Charger for my wife. I saw this SRT 8 at the dealer so I thought I would test it. It was my 1st test drive of the SRT 8. I had to hold my smiles back when I got back to the dealer office. I rated the fuel economy at 9 and that number is based on muscle car economy. I'm averaging about 20 mpg on the highway and that number would be hard to beat for such a powerful engine.

Favorite Features

6.1 Hemi...plain and simple is my favorite. Next would be the exterior design. Challenger proponents give me a hard time with the sedan styling..but any sedan that can give a "sucking seat" effect deserves some lee way.

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel mounted controls aren't very intuitive. Things like the cruise control and scrolling through settings and readings take some getting used to. But I wouldn't let that stop me from purchasing one!

Beats the old ones!
By Plum Crazy SRT8

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned musclecars of all types over the last 30 years from 455CID 442's to 440 powered MOPARS and this car beats them all. Yeah, yeah it's a 4 door but so what, it crushes any of the old cars in ride, handling and especially performance. Stock 1/4 mile times in the high 12's and 0-60 in the mid to high 4 second range prove what a beast this car is. The Plum Crazy color takes me back to 1970-71 when the Dodge Scat Pack prowled the streets. The modern 6.1L Hemi is underrated at 425hp, it's closer to 450hp! That is net horsepower, not gross like in the old days. Get one while you still can because these cars will be gone forever by 2012.

Favorite Features

6.1L HEMI Handling Aggressive styling. How it makes me feel 20 years old again!

Suggested Improvements

Brake dust - too much!

What a blast...
By Chris

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

For all who have the SRT8 or buy something similar, Performance & Styling must be the first thing on your mind. It can't be, or shouldn't be, gas mileage, comfort, or even reliability. Sports cars, or in this case, Muscle Cars, are a breed all to themselves. They can't be huddled with the rest of the pack. They are specialty built and because of that, stand alone. This Charger SRT8 is what Dodge set it out to be. Cool looking, fast, fun and exhilarating to drive…not to mention an attention getter. It hits the mark in those areas 100% The sound of the V8 is balanced and perfect. I can’t say enough good things about it. Buy this car if you’re in the market.

Favorite Features

Pipe hittin' V8! The sound at start shakes the soul & gets your senses salivating for more. The seats are supportive yet very comfortable. They are not harsh in any way. It feels like a big hug. The hands free Uconnect is an excellent feature...using it a lot. The Performance Meter!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I could think of is a 3 spoke steering wheel as opposed to the one that's there. I can't wish for better gas mileage or for cylinder displacement. It's really not meant to do or have those things. CYA

Still in Love after 18 months.
By Steve

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving my SRT8 Charger everyday for over a year now and I am still in love with this car. I am retired and do not have to drive, but if I look at my car I want to take it for a ride. The gas prices stopped that desire for a while so I learned how to drive the speed limit. The car is still jumpy as ever and if not for the brake dust, and the fact that the Goodyear RSA's lasted a good year/18 months, I would have no complaints.

Favorite Features

Mean looking front end/scoop. The incredible power and adjustable ESP. The fact that you get a free SRT Track Experience with purchase. Great day of driving.

Suggested Improvements

Tires. The 245/45/20's are hard to find in the aftermarket. Less brake dust.

Will not buy another
By Jose

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive but is expensive to maintain after 40,000 miles. Fans go out and transmission has problems. Things that you should not have problems with at this mileage are failing. I had a 95 Chevy Impala SS that did not cost as much to maintain and I kept it until 125,000 miles. If looking to buy just remember it is a "DODGE".