Used 2007 Dodge Charger Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Not to bad....
By romash

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not to bad of a car at all. Read all the reviews and everyone was bang on....The only problem I have had is with my rims...Living in Toronto I have to deal with snow and salt. I have the 18 inch chrome 5 upgrades and they are simply terrible. They have peeld twice and they look horrible, really noticeable and Chryler even afetr seeing them won't do a darn thing about them. They claim it's because of our Canadian weather, problem is this car was made in Brampton CANADA, how do they not know these things...

Very comfortable, lot's of room for 3 adults in the back and also all my hockey gear in the trunk. I am 6'4, and there's more than enough room for me, sometime even too much. Adequate power for highway and passing and overall looks Damn sharp in black with tinted windows,,,EVEN WITH MY PITTED RIMS!!!!

Very comfortable

An honest SXT review after 2 years...
By Sam

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I drive an SXT. Awesome to look at, fun to drive, handles well (especially for its size), it is big and comfortable with plenty of room for my 6'5" 300 lb body. Lots of space, huge back seat, huge trunk. Great family car. Problems: There are several "known issues" they're not horrendously expensive to fix, but the two problems I had are both well known and common (shifter becoming "jammed" due to a mechanical breakage of an internal plastic part and the O-Ring for the transmission doesn't fit quite right and will have to be replaced eventually). Biggest problem is the build quality. It is cheap. The car develops rattles and squeaks quickly on the interior plastic molding.

Beautiful to look at. Fun to drive. Handles amazingly. Ability to manually shift even though its an automatic (manumatic transmission, Wikipedia it) is great. LOTS of room, can't stress how much interior room this car has, like driving a couch but still handles well. Lots of fun all around.

Stop selling below the SXT model, the engine in the base line model is too small and doesn't provide enough power for the weight of the car. Improve the build quality, rattles and squeaks drive me insane. Stop using the plastic part in the shifters that breaks (widely reported problem).

on the fence
By marie

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because of the affordability and HOT look. The body of the car is so great and the interior is quite nice, too. For a V6 its a great car, a super commuter. The trunk size is one of the best features. at 24,000 miles I had to replace the K-2 clutches because they went haywire and the RMS would almost redline randomly, at 40,000 I was informed I have a leak at the rack and pinion, a $1,000.00 repair. So as much as I love my car, the look and the power, I feel let down with the repairs I need that aren't under warranty. Maybe a good car for a year of fun, then trade it in for something more reliable. Definitely on the fence!

Body Style, trunk size, good stereo, stick shift option.

Make this awesome car more reliable!

Charger
By CHARGER SXT 3.5L

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned 2007 my Dodge Charger SXT for 5 month and have had to bring it to the shop 3 times! My first problem was the passenger side window would not work properly. The second time i got stuck at walmart when my charger decided to not come out of park! the final and last time is when the malfunction indicator light came on at 36,123 i have about had it with this car!

it's very roomy, has a lot of trunk space, and I love the exterior design

put more effort in the car!

Computer
By BethRodgers

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well I had my car, bought used the owner before paid got the extended warranty, part of the selling feature. When I driving the car sometimes starts to chug and I step on the gas and nothing happens, no rpm no speed, then the engine light flashes and the bell starts to ring. And then the car feels like it's going to die. I pull over turn it off the then restart. And the car is fine. But this isn't really happening (more then 50 times) because the dealer can't find anything wrong with it. The computer say it didn't happen. Ya right. I will never buy another Dodge again. They have treated me like crap. I have never had this many problems before.

The size of the car. I love the look of this car.

Check the computer systems. Don't tell people to let the engine light go off for a while maybe it will register on the computer then. Look at the car.