2007 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Not to bad....
By romash on 12/15/10 07:46 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not to bad of a car at all. Read all the reviews and everyone was bang on....The only problem I have had is with my rims...Living in Toronto I have to deal with snow and salt. I have the 18 inch chrome 5 upgrades and they are simply terrible. They have peeld twice and they look horrible, really noticeable and Chryler even afetr seeing them won't do a darn thing about them. They claim it's because of our Canadian weather, problem is this car was made in Brampton CANADA, how do they not know these things...

An honest SXT review after 2 years...
By Sam on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I drive an SXT. Awesome to look at, fun to drive, handles well (especially for its size), it is big and comfortable with plenty of room for my 6'5" 300 lb body. Lots of space, huge back seat, huge trunk. Great family car. Problems: There are several "known issues" they're not horrendously expensive to fix, but the two problems I had are both well known and common (shifter becoming "jammed" due to a mechanical breakage of an internal plastic part and the O-Ring for the transmission doesn't fit quite right and will have to be replaced eventually). Biggest problem is the build quality. It is cheap. The car develops rattles and squeaks quickly on the interior plastic molding.

on the fence
By marie on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because of the affordability and HOT look. The body of the car is so great and the interior is quite nice, too. For a V6 its a great car, a super commuter. The trunk size is one of the best features. at 24,000 miles I had to replace the K-2 clutches because they went haywire and the RMS would almost redline randomly, at 40,000 I was informed I have a leak at the rack and pinion, a $1,000.00 repair. So as much as I love my car, the look and the power, I feel let down with the repairs I need that aren't under warranty. Maybe a good car for a year of fun, then trade it in for something more reliable. Definitely on the fence!

Charger
By CHARGER SXT 3.5L on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned 2007 my Dodge Charger SXT for 5 month and have had to bring it to the shop 3 times! My first problem was the passenger side window would not work properly. The second time i got stuck at walmart when my charger decided to not come out of park! the final and last time is when the malfunction indicator light came on at 36,123 i have about had it with this car!

Computer
By BethRodgers on 08/12/10 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well I had my car, bought used the owner before paid got the extended warranty, part of the selling feature. When I driving the car sometimes starts to chug and I step on the gas and nothing happens, no rpm no speed, then the engine light flashes and the bell starts to ring. And then the car feels like it's going to die. I pull over turn it off the then restart. And the car is fine. But this isn't really happening (more then 50 times) because the dealer can't find anything wrong with it. The computer say it didn't happen. Ya right. I will never buy another Dodge again. They have treated me like crap. I have never had this many problems before.

I Hate my Charger
By Ebailey on 05/20/10 06:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When this car came out I was determined to get one, especially since I had to sell my 72 Cutlass. I could only afford the base model. This motor (2.7) is good on gas but lacks power. After a year the tranny had to be replaced, that same year the engine began to tick. Took it to a dealer in Manassas at least four times and they could never find the problem until after my warranty expired. Which was another issue b/c I was told I had the Lifetime warranty but only had a 36,000 mile warranty. So now I ride around town with my music up loud to block out the lifters ticking. Which i have to pay $1200 to get fixed.

Transmission
By Takasia on 05/16/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the shutter since i purchase it. it jerks somtime while driving & i have taken it to dealer several times & they always say can't find anything.It also slows when air is turned on. One day i got into car to leave & was unable to move gear out of park, call dealer & was told right off bat that it was the belt inside gear shift. was told by tow truck driver that it is happening to all the Chrysler & dodge vehicles & they have been towing a lot with that same problem. A lot of people have told me chargers are not a good car & after 50000 miles transmission have to be replaced. Will never buy another chrysler or dodge vehicle.

I hate my Dodge Charger
By Tina on 03/07/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Charger new in 2007. Since then I have had to replace a sensor in the transmission. I would lose power and would have to pull to this side of the road, turn the car off and restart it before it would work correctly again. I replaced the front ball joints before 58,000 miles. My blower motor only works on high and my rear defroster no longer works even after we replaced the fuse. I LOVE the look of the car but can't wait to get rid of it. Needless to say, my next car will NOT be a Dodge.

Love my newest Charger
By RamRay on 03/02/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big Mopar fan and had an'69 Charger. I got a returned lease SXT with the 3.5 V6 for a great price and only 16K on the odo. I proceeded to upgrade it with a K&N CAI, magnaflow catback exhaust, dark tint, spoiler, custom 20" chromes, 6 Sony speakers and a nice faux wood dash kit. While I wish I had an R/T, the 3.5 is adequate and in all back looks baaaaaad! I am very happy and can haul the family anywhere in style. While my wife hates the loud new exhaust, she is now a fan of Mopar and will get a 300C after years of Ford ownership. Critics be damned, this is a fine car!

3.5L All The Way
By Sean B on 11/20/09 15:52 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 07 SXT for a little over a year, and I've got to say that I'm about as happy as I thought I would be with it. This car is big, mean and downright commanding. If four-doors is the only reason people don't like this car, obviously they haven't driven one. Seeing isn't believing, driving is. The 07 has a step on the new models, since they down-tuned the engines to save on fuel, but with 250 across the board, that car has absolutely no problems moving. If you're going to buy one, I strongly suggest finding one with the 3.5L, you won't be sorry.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.