Used 2007 Dodge Charger RT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Steering wheel lock while driving! and car won't accelerate randomly on the highway
By relentleshemi

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car, But when it comes to reliability it sucks. I bought this car 3 months ago @ darcars silver spring in maryland and had 3 incidents with my car all with the same issue and still not fixed. Dealer mechanics can't seem to get it right almost causing me three accidents two on the highway and one in the city while making a turn in the middle of the road!

I love my charger/hemi.
By classygail

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my red 07 with 9800 miles, barely broken in. I love love love it. did have the transmission part fixed its under recall warranty. Didn't pay a dime, no problem since. I have no problem merging unto hwy entrance. Watch your neck lol lol It holds 5 adults comfy. I have 40k miles now n I.m seeing a leak somewhere. Gotta have it looked at. Hope its not anything serious.

Favorite Features

can.t beat the power n luxury n I get compliments ALL the time by both sexes. Its my beauty. Love the red trimmed leather sport seats, heated too use them in the winter a lot. It has more features than I have checked out yet. Just Love driving now

valve seat nightmare
By imkutap1

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

this car is made with cheap parts on the interior. ac vents and headliner fell off after 12000 miles. carpet on the flooring pulls out of the seems as well. MOSTLY is the fact I have run on synthetic oil every 5K miles since day one. I have a cold air intake and custom cat back exhaust so it can breathe better and stay cooler. high performance thermostat to turn the fans on sooner too. valve seat dropped blew the engine, intake and O2 sensors. 100K miles and 7500 to repair, car worth 10K now. research shows hemi engine does this a lot! really bad investment and a horribly made car all the way through. DO NOT BUY!! you cant prevent the failure and Chrysler doesn't care so many have failed

Favorite Features

Its fast and the body is nicely designed

Suggested Improvements

fix valve seat dropping, and tensioner, timing chain, interior defects, and body roll in turns.

200,000km and still counting
By phatgreatwall

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

had absolutely no issues with this vehicle, had it since 33000km. all the repairs to this vehicle are of regular maintenance, ball joints, steering ujoints etc. never had to "repair" due to a defect on this vehicle. gets 750km to a tank on highway, mix local highway gets about 350. parts are dirt cheap, especially aftermarket. if you are in the market for a used sedan, definitely test drive a charger with a v8.

Favorite Features

srt8 seats, stereo, front grill look really aggresive

GET YOU SOME!!!
By camik

2007 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely, 110% LOVE this car!! I have driven other sports cars in the past but they never had enough room! This Charger is fast AND it's very roomy! I keep seeing people complain about the gas mileage...Ummm...hello! Why did you buy a V8 if you wanted good gas mileage?? It's not meant to get great gas mileage, it's meant to go fast and look awesome! :) My entire family loves this car and it turns all kinds of heads! I would highly recommend the Dodge Charger R/T to anyone looking for an awesome sports car!

Favorite Features

I love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the radio had an Ipod connection but that's about it.