NEW TIE RODS @ 40,000 miles
By jaci3 on
2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
go have your tie rod end replaced as soon as possible we were on the road doing 55 when the tie rod broke we are so lucky to be alive. My charger everyone is a 2008 with 40,000 miles on it it is time we do something about this issue. I will be going public everywhere about this till Dodge recalls them.
By us11bravo
on 07/29/11 13:09 PM (PDT)

It seems that both Babsrocket and Jaci3 are both dealing with the 3.5L models. I myself have the 2.7L, and am dealing with a Tie rod issue. as i took my tire off to inspect it, i found that the where the grease was stored, it was bone dry and had about 1/2 inch play. mith this play in the Tie Rod ends, the car shimmies and is not fun to drive. knowing that Jaci3 had one break off, i am leaving mine parked and am going to Dodge for answers. please if any of you have been through the phone calls and e-mail game with them already, please give me some info as to what they said. good luck with your issues.

By babsrocket
on 04/16/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

Hi Jaci3. I am so glad to find your post. I was doing some research on my Charger due to the same problem. Fortunately, mine have not broken. However, I agree with you that something MUST be done by Dodge about this issue with the tie rods/suspension. I have a 2006 Charger with 38,600 and was just told that I have tie rod and suspension issues for the THIRD time. The right side was replaced while still under warranty. The left side replaced about a year ago and now being told that the right side needs to be done AGAIN. This is ridiculous. Granted, my car is an '06 but I have low mileage for a 5 year old car. I would like to now if you have contacted Dodge or if you have any other information that you could provide me, if you have made any progress. I love my Charger but would not recommend this car because of this problem.