2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Very "ticked off!"

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

2006 Dodge Charger

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Very "ticked off!"
By Annette Lysmer on

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned My Charger now for 4 1/2 yrs, and almost have it paid off. this is the first car I've ever bought brand new. I have never had any problems with this car until the basic warranty ran out. I only have 41,000 miles on it, and developed a "ticking" sound coming form the driver's side of the engine. I brought it in to the dealership, had a diagnostic, and was told that The "rocker arms" on both Left & right sides need to be replaced, with a cost of $800.00 for parts and $1000.00 for labor, AND the "tension struts" needed to be replaced as well! for another $1300.00!!! after reading some of these other consumer reviews, many others have had this problem as well, at low mileage! Recall!

too mad to answer this one

RECALL< RECALL< RECALL! why is this same problem happening to so many others, at very low mileage? No wonder so many people are buying foreign cars! Because Apparently the American car manufacturers can't seem to build a reliable car that lasts! I will NEVER buy another Dodge, EVER

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ladhouston
on 05/06/11 14:46 PM (PDT)

My 06 Charger also has an engine tick. It used to stall while moving and now I'm having battery issues and my car occasionally won't start. Sexy, fun car...yes. Reliable...NO

By cyndi96
on 07/21/11 17:46 PM (PDT)

I have the same issue with ticking, my 2006 charger is currently in the shop having the whole rocker arm assembly replaced on both sides. My car has under 45000 miles on it, I have also had to have th tie rod ends replaced. I am so tired of sinking money into the first car I bought brand new 5 years ago, I should have kept my 1998 blazer 140000 miles still dependable when donated.

By wytviking
on 03/27/11 11:11 AM (PDT)

I also purchased a2006 3.5 dodge garger NEW! I have a problem with the ticking in the motor, very load at that ! have 60000 miles and this is no doubt a manufacturer problem! Dodge needs to step up to the plate on this problem. I will not stop until they fix this!!!