2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: My Baby

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

My Baby
By 172mph on

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First off I love this car to death. Unfortunately it has left me with a hunger for something even faster...Why?...Why NOT?!! They are very fast, too fast to let the wife drive it in fact. They are VERY customizable...take a look at the Diablo Tuner, CIA and GetRag rearends...cheap upgrades and you can take SRT8's especially after a custom tune. I have a fair amount done to mine and I dont know why people are complaining about the MPG. I figure Im turning nearly 400HP at the crank now and can STILL get 25-26MPG out of her with the MDS still active (you can shut it off with the Diablo if you want). No problems with it at all...None, its kinda strange not to have problems.

God, ALOT!! The engine. The fact that you can modify the snot out of it and do it easilly with standard tools (for the most part). Oil changes are EXPENSIVE but I run Royal Purple products so Im asking for extra cost. The Mobile 1 is not free either though. As a family and having 2 kids in car seats its no problem loading them in (although Ill admit I stick the car seats in the trunk so no one sees them when the kids arent with!) The trunk isnt bad at all. I love being able to jump start it from either end too. With that said it does take a bigger engined vehicle to jump it, your honda isnt going to do it. Mine is GREAT on tires, I got 52K on the orriginals. Orriginal bakes too.

The upside down hood release is kind of anoying. The crappy engine cover was tossed on the workbench day one. The biggest issue with these is they are choked out from Dodge...LET THEM BREATH and they will scare the crap out of you! The rear gear ratio is CRAP. Forums have figured out that if you put an aftermarket 3:23 rear gear in it the MDS stays on more often, some of my friends are getting up to 28MPG with theirs. I wouldnt have believed it if I didnt see it. Besides the Crazy pull you get from that gear. In short, let them breath and get a better gear.