glad I took the chance
By noasiancars4me on
2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
After spending my life going with Camrys, Accords, and other so thought quality mid sized clone cars I took a shot with this car when it first came out in 2006. It was only 1500 more then the accord I was looking at, at the time. This car is a lot more comfortable and a lot more fun to drive then the array of Asian cone cars out there. Its paid for now and I don't know what I am going to do if I ever have to go back to the cars we have been taught to believe are better quality. This car for me proves that to be totally the opposite in fact. 5 years and 80k miles later it is "by far" the best quality car I have ever owned. (Yes BMWs and Mercs are out of my price range)
Favorite Features
Seriously Comfortable good driving car with enough power to make you smile as you watch the disappointment on the faces of those driving cars 3 times the price fade away in your rear view mirror. RWD and great driving / handling in the snow IF you put snows on it, i am not kidding...
Suggested Improvements
The tie rods are shameful. If you are in any way involved in manufacturing these parts for mopar / Dodge just hang your head in shame... Seriously. Your going to need a new tie rod every 25k miles or so but seeing as its the only issue and this car still drives like new 5 years later it does not change my opinion of this car but its very annoying that dodge has not corrected the obvious issue.