2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Excellent car!

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

RT Sedan (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Excellent car!
By love my charger on

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had never owned a Dodge product prior to this, was always a Chevy guy. This car takes the cake. A rear drive, powerful, affordable car! I had a small transmission fluid leak at approx 29,000, but that was a seal. Fuel mileage is very respectable for a car with almost 400 hp. Seats are quite comfortable. Took the car on a 4000 mile road trip with my then 13 yr tall son and dad. Everyone stayed comfortable. I have not seen the tire problems listed w what seem to be the SE Chargers. Stereo very nice. I have a K&N filter, and a part of flowmasters for exhaust (so it's not quiet any more). Paint has held up very well. In snow this is a little tricky to drive. All in all I love this car.

Power is unmatched, looks -- aggressive "stance". Fuel mileage is good for a car with this much power.

Right Rear window intermittently won't go down. Maintenance is pricey, but in essence this is a "disguised Mercedes" which are indeed expensive when they break, fortunately mine hasn't broken. I did a 30000 mile "tuneup" that was north of $650, but well worth it in my opinion.