Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Unfortunately Not Happy
By CSilva

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for a little over 3 years and I was really enjoying driving my car, until recently. I guess I was 1 of the unfortunate owners. It all started with a ticking noise, which then turned into a knocking noise, which then turned to my engine rattling and car stalling. And yes, this all happened after my warranty ended. Apparently the rocker arms went bad on the right side and was told the left side would break in time. The shifter broke as well. I had to take it into the shop and 1100.00 later, no noise and the shifter works. Both are known problems and its very disappointing that they weren't recalls. Thought buying American was better, guess not Dodge proved me wrong.

Smooth and comfortable ride and radio system okay

interior looks cheap, parts are built cheap, but sell expensive, warranty should be extended to 10 years like Hyundai

People are Attracted to my Baby!
By YG

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My baby is a real monster. My supervisor once told me it was too manly for me.. Manly? LOL! I'm a girl and I love this thing. I have had it for a year and a half and I have had no problems with it... It's a keeper. It attracts people's attention. I know they say that Dodge is not very good with it's cars... I hope that this statement is wrong and I hope not to have any problems with it.

I love the body style of my car. It's leather seats are very nice and the HEMI is such a plus!

I'm not so satisfied with the interior.. it's a little boring to me. It's too simple and looks a bit cheap. It would be so much nicer if it was a bit more similar to the Chrysler. Oh well, I still like my car.

Fun to drive
By pete

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is the most relieable and fun car to drive. I have done some bolt on modifications done to it (intake,exhaust,programmer) and i beat on this poor car and it takes the abuse fine. On the days when my foot isnt as heavy its a great smooth ride. It doesnt like to turn very fast but its great to see a mustang gt's headlights in my rearview mirror.

performance, reliablity, stlying.

bland interior, not enough compition on the road

2006 GoMango #2965
By Rob E.

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Front brake rotors have been replaced 4 times - Had to go w/ after mkt vented/slotted/drilled rotor. Motor mount replaced, some front suspension parts replaced, and car eats tires. Ride, power, performance, and comfort are excellent. Interior plastics are not highest grade. Sound system, Nav, and Bluetooth are trouble free and work great. Paint is holding up beautifully. Overall - a nice car w/some quirks,great engine performance, expensive to maintain, very high fun-to-drive factor.

Engine, looks, sound system, roomy comfort, huge trunk.

Interior plastics need to be higher grade.

Tie Rods and Tires
By steve

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is nice to drive, but has had numerous service issues. From day 1, there was a front tire thumping/noise issue that was never resolved even after 6 visits to 3 different dealerships. They never found anything. At 31,000 miles, a front tire blowout caused from excessive wear. Replaced all 4 tires with Coopers. After only 17,000 miles on these, they are showing the same wear patterns. Now, the front tie rods and control arms need replacing at a cost of $970! This car costs too much in maintenance to keep.

Looks nice, lots of room for the driver.

Fix the front-end issues, both tires and tie rods.

• SUV