2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Nice car overall
By vince on 12/19/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've enjoyed this car since the day I purchased it. After 11 months of ownership, I still catch myself looking over my shoulder at it, as I walk away. Fun car to drive. The 3.5 V6 is more than enough power for most driving. Expected a bit better gas milage.. the V8 guys get close to what I get. Now Dodge has snared me with a well designed/good quality car, I may have to look at the new Challenger. Good job Dodge.

06 Charger SE w/ 3.5HO 5A added sunroof
By JimPonder on 12/10/07 05:39 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle and find that it is very comfortable and roomy for taller people like myself. You can glide down the road not even noting your speed. Fairly quiet running vehicle and smooth over the bumps. Not the R/T so I haven't done the curves hard with it. I do recommend you get the 5sp auto for this vehicle (I believe they are standard on the 06 models and only on the SXT-R/T models later.) The 5speed (or 5A as they note it) will give you the low rpm cruising speed on the highways which will help with gas. I get 30mpg with this car.

A car for the ages
By Joe O. on 10/12/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say, this car is exceptional because it is what it is. That being an American name plate car that eats the imports for lunch and dinner. In these times of too many Camrys and too many Accords, this is what's needed. Yes it's reliable, yes it's fast, yes it's comfortable, and it doesn't look like it came out of a cookie cutter mold. The car gets stares and a lot of questions asked about it. And I tell everybody who asks that this is the best car I've ever owned. It always seems that old stereotypes about "bad" American cars keeps the public buying wishy washy foreign cars. I just say, bring em on!

Gets all the looks.
By John on 09/16/07 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car gets all the looks everywhere it goes. Sadly, It's been in the shop monthly for one issue or another. Terrible gas mileage On a good day maybe 20hwy. The exterior looks great but can not make up for the cheap plastic interior.

Great Car!
By xtec on 09/06/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had my '06 Charger SXT for almost two years, and it rides like the first day I bought it. I never get tired driving this car. It has a great ride, style, and I think its the best car Chrysler has ever made. I would suggest that anybody buying a car should give the Charger and the 300 a test drive.

Wow
By tj leahy on 08/31/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car handles like a dream. I have to look down at the speedo to make sure I`m not going too fast. It is very quiet inside at any speed and is wonderful on a long drive.

B B B Bad to the Bone
By Big J on 07/24/07 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, fun to drive, I get a lot of looks don't know if its me or the car. I've had it for one month and this by far is the best car I've driven.

Don't have it? Get it!
By George Zimmerman on 07/02/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned many MOPAR products and loved them all, but the Charger R/T is without a shadow of a doubt the best of all bar-none. This Inferno Red beauty has the style, comfort, power and performance unrivaled by any other so-called competitive model of another brand. To those critics who say the Charger should have been a 2-door I have one thing to say: These extra 2 doors you complain about have not done a thing to hurt any functional feature or styling of this car in any way, especially not the performance and power. After 13 months and almost 15,000 miles, I have no complaints. The car delivers the rated 17/25 mpg (Providing your right foot doesn't take control) Excellent!

Love My Charger
By GG on 06/29/07 18:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have driven a minivan for the past ten years and did not even consider buying a car until I drove the Charger at the urging of my favorite sales man who got tired of me test driving every other SUV/minivan he had in stock. I did not think a car would have enough room for me after being used to driving the minivan. But the Charger has a huge trunk for all the junk I carry with me. It looks awesome and drives like a dream. The power is unbelievable. I can actually pass other vehicles now! I know that things are not supposed to make you happy but my Charger makes me very happy every time I drive it. I don't think I will ever get tired of driving it.

RT Hemi
By rick on 06/01/07 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Am overjoyed with the 350 horse Hemi. Only two problems with the car seem to be the brakes do not match up with the power and there seem to be a couple of blind spots when driving. I have only put 7800 miles on this car and am going to try to keep the miles low. The car handles like a race car with the tight suspension and the incredible power of the engine. It has the sound of the old muscle cars of the 60's. I weigh 270 and am 6'4", there is more than enough room for me. The 4 doors make this car more practical than any new Mustang on the market and both my kids have put dibs on it when I die