2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
06 Charger SE w/ 3.5HO 5A added sunroof
By JimPonder on 12/10/07 05:39 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle and find that it is very comfortable and roomy for taller people like myself. You can glide down the road not even noting your speed. Fairly quiet running vehicle and smooth over the bumps. Not the R/T so I haven't done the curves hard with it. I do recommend you get the 5sp auto for this vehicle (I believe they are standard on the 06 models and only on the SXT-R/T models later.) The 5speed (or 5A as they note it) will give you the low rpm cruising speed on the highways which will help with gas. I get 30mpg with this car.

A car for the ages
By Joe O. on 10/12/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say, this car is exceptional because it is what it is. That being an American name plate car that eats the imports for lunch and dinner. In these times of too many Camrys and too many Accords, this is what's needed. Yes it's reliable, yes it's fast, yes it's comfortable, and it doesn't look like it came out of a cookie cutter mold. The car gets stares and a lot of questions asked about it. And I tell everybody who asks that this is the best car I've ever owned. It always seems that old stereotypes about "bad" American cars keeps the public buying wishy washy foreign cars. I just say, bring em on!

Gets all the looks.
By John on 09/16/07 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car gets all the looks everywhere it goes. Sadly, It's been in the shop monthly for one issue or another. Terrible gas mileage On a good day maybe 20hwy. The exterior looks great but can not make up for the cheap plastic interior.

Great Car!
By xtec on 09/06/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had my '06 Charger SXT for almost two years, and it rides like the first day I bought it. I never get tired driving this car. It has a great ride, style, and I think its the best car Chrysler has ever made. I would suggest that anybody buying a car should give the Charger and the 300 a test drive.

Wow
By tj leahy on 08/31/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car handles like a dream. I have to look down at the speedo to make sure I`m not going too fast. It is very quiet inside at any speed and is wonderful on a long drive.

Awsome Machine by Dodge
By Eric Reed on 08/11/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted one of these cars and finally found the right one. It is a thrill to drive and very popular with the family. Dodge has done it ! I've had Challengers, Cudas and others and this awsome ride surpasses them all. All I can say is " Hemi baby " and I have always loved the 383 engine.

B B B Bad to the Bone
By Big J on 07/24/07 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, fun to drive, I get a lot of looks don't know if its me or the car. I've had it for one month and this by far is the best car I've driven.

Best car yet for me
By jmiles82 on 07/04/07 20:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had many new vehicles in the past including 1987 Buick Grand National, 1995 Impala SS, 1996 Mercedes Benz E300D, 1998 Mercedes C280 Sport, 2005 Subaru WRX STi. The SRT8 Charger I can honestly say delivers the best driving experience to date. The highway ride is outstanding, the brakes are beyond reproach and Dodge has the balls to not govern the top speed on this rocketship. (Unlike almost every other manufacturer). The fit/finish is very good and although it is a fairly heavy car the 425HP SRT8 engine makes every trip enjoyable. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Don't have it? Get it!
By George Zimmerman on 07/02/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned many MOPAR products and loved them all, but the Charger R/T is without a shadow of a doubt the best of all bar-none. This Inferno Red beauty has the style, comfort, power and performance unrivaled by any other so-called competitive model of another brand. To those critics who say the Charger should have been a 2-door I have one thing to say: These extra 2 doors you complain about have not done a thing to hurt any functional feature or styling of this car in any way, especially not the performance and power. After 13 months and almost 15,000 miles, I have no complaints. The car delivers the rated 17/25 mpg (Providing your right foot doesn't take control) Excellent!

Love My Charger
By GG on 06/29/07 18:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have driven a minivan for the past ten years and did not even consider buying a car until I drove the Charger at the urging of my favorite sales man who got tired of me test driving every other SUV/minivan he had in stock. I did not think a car would have enough room for me after being used to driving the minivan. But the Charger has a huge trunk for all the junk I carry with me. It looks awesome and drives like a dream. The power is unbelievable. I can actually pass other vehicles now! I know that things are not supposed to make you happy but my Charger makes me very happy every time I drive it. I don't think I will ever get tired of driving it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.