Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Unhappy in Bay Area
By Unhappy Owner

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 21,000 miles. I didn't start experiencing any problems until my car kept vibrating when I stopped. I had it checked and was told that my tire rods were worn. Then I started hearing a noise coming from the engine (a rocker shaft). After having this and a 90,000 mile service costs me $2087.00. Now my engine light constantly comes on. I was told to open the gas cap and let out some of the air. After reading a lot of the reviews, I noticed that this car should have had some recalls. Of course my extended warranty ended at 70,000.

I love the color and my tires and rims are great! I get a lot of compliments. Being a "woman" I really get a lot of honks too!

The tire rods and rocker shafts need to be recalled and there should be some reimbursements for those owners who have spent the money repairing these items.

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By revan

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very attractive, Powerful ,Secure,Reliable and fun to drive. plenty of room for drivers over six foot,nice layout of interior plenty of everything you need excellent in all aspects.

Power,looks

Unfortunately Not Happy
By CSilva

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for a little over 3 years and I was really enjoying driving my car, until recently. I guess I was 1 of the unfortunate owners. It all started with a ticking noise, which then turned into a knocking noise, which then turned to my engine rattling and car stalling. And yes, this all happened after my warranty ended. Apparently the rocker arms went bad on the right side and was told the left side would break in time. The shifter broke as well. I had to take it into the shop and 1100.00 later, no noise and the shifter works. Both are known problems and its very disappointing that they weren't recalls. Thought buying American was better, guess not Dodge proved me wrong.

Smooth and comfortable ride and radio system okay

interior looks cheap, parts are built cheap, but sell expensive, warranty should be extended to 10 years like Hyundai

People are Attracted to my Baby!
By YG

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My baby is a real monster. My supervisor once told me it was too manly for me.. Manly? LOL! I'm a girl and I love this thing. I have had it for a year and a half and I have had no problems with it... It's a keeper. It attracts people's attention. I know they say that Dodge is not very good with it's cars... I hope that this statement is wrong and I hope not to have any problems with it.

I love the body style of my car. It's leather seats are very nice and the HEMI is such a plus!

I'm not so satisfied with the interior.. it's a little boring to me. It's too simple and looks a bit cheap. It would be so much nicer if it was a bit more similar to the Chrysler. Oh well, I still like my car.

Fun to drive
By pete

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is the most relieable and fun car to drive. I have done some bolt on modifications done to it (intake,exhaust,programmer) and i beat on this poor car and it takes the abuse fine. On the days when my foot isnt as heavy its a great smooth ride. It doesnt like to turn very fast but its great to see a mustang gt's headlights in my rearview mirror.

performance, reliablity, stlying.

bland interior, not enough compition on the road