Used 2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

5.7 L Hemi Midnight Blue
By James

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm 38 yrs old with a family of 4. After some extensive research and looking for a good all around family car, I purchased a 2006 Dodge Charger RT with spoiler showing 46,000 km on the odometer. The Charger RT has great looks, grin smiling power, and is a great all around family car with lots of rear trunk space. The interior is simple & pleasing. Gas mileage on the highway is fairly decent as long as you keep it under 110km/h as the MDS will stay on. Highway 24-28 mpg. It's hard to keep good gas mileage though with the HEMI when you have 340hp at the mercy of your right foot. At the end of the day, this car is an amazing bang for the buck. PS. Put a K&N Cold Air Intake on!

Favorite Features

Hemi Power, solid family car, and great looks

Suggested Improvements

none

Dream car turned worst nightmare!
By K. Scott

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I started having issues with my charger 1 year after I purchased, first my driver side window and door locking switches fell down in the door panel, then at 23,000 miles the car really fell apart. First I started to hear a loud noise while the air conditioner was on, then as I was in stop and go traffic when my air is on my car overheats, then I noticed a delay when trying to start the vehicle, then all my air vents popped off the dash. Now at 24,000 miles my shifter locked up in the park position of coarse just after the 3 year warranty has expired. The only assistance dodge will offer is an extended warranty for $1400.00 for 50% off parts and labor.

Favorite Features

The look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using plastic especially in your gear shifters, improve the entire interior, stop ripping off your customers, if you have a defect in the vehicle recall and save your customers the aggravation, stand behind your product.

overall impressed
By happy so far

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car almost a year ago. Now it has 55k miles. Paid $13k. Gas mileage is about 300 miles to the tank. Put 20's on it and it looks great. Love the exterior look. Got pinstrip down the doors to the trunk, didn't like it at first but it breaks up lines and it looks great. I knew the interior wasn't anything super. I like the White gauges. Will need to replace the power steering hose soon it is slightly leaking. Oh and tint all 5 Windows

Favorite Features

big trunk. big back seat. style.

Suggested Improvements

low to ground scrapes when parking sometimes. when first at a signal i cant see the light above me i look to the side. with sunvisor down it almost completely blocks my entire view. big blind spot. no rear cup holders and rear seat doesn't fold down?

Money well spent!
By Andrew

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best money I have ever spent! Car rides incredible,feels powerful,sounds throaty! I added a K & N cold air intake and the ride is incredible. Car is a definite head turner!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats,great factory sound system,well hidden 12 volt outlets,sunroof,too many others to list!

Suggested Improvements

I don't know if its possible to improve a car with 340 HP that gets 25 miles a gallon highway! I love everything about the car and have yet to find any dislikes!

Unhappy in Bay Area
By Unhappy Owner

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 21,000 miles. I didn't start experiencing any problems until my car kept vibrating when I stopped. I had it checked and was told that my tire rods were worn. Then I started hearing a noise coming from the engine (a rocker shaft). After having this and a 90,000 mile service costs me $2087.00. Now my engine light constantly comes on. I was told to open the gas cap and let out some of the air. After reading a lot of the reviews, I noticed that this car should have had some recalls. Of course my extended warranty ended at 70,000.

Favorite Features

I love the color and my tires and rims are great! I get a lot of compliments. Being a "woman" I really get a lot of honks too!

Suggested Improvements

The tire rods and rocker shafts need to be recalled and there should be some reimbursements for those owners who have spent the money repairing these items.