Used 2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 328 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

06 Dodge Charger SXT
By Roadstar

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car drives great and I have the SXT trim level. The 3.5 engine is plenty of power for most people and still have fun. The tie rods wore out a little early at 45,000 miles. All in all I love this car!

I love the styling and the size of the car.

Better interior materials. Looks cheap.

This is so aggrevating
By Never Again

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The biggest, most complicated issue was eventually finding out that a "rattle" I was hearing from the engine area was actually a weld seam that came undone between the engine compartment and the firewall of the dash. My vehicle was in the shop for almost a month while the engine was completely taken apart and rebuilt. They welded the seam together and put everything else back. Luckily that started happening before the warranty ran out. Since then, various parts of my engine have made noises; belts, cooling fan, etc. My exhaust manifold has been replaced twice already. Now my car is "chiming" while I drive, and the oil leaks--go figure! I do not suggest this vehicle.

The exterior looks are the best feature.

Maybe spend a little more time and money to improve the quality of the product. The interior is good but could use some minor improvements to make it more comfortable. And stains, even easy ones like soda, do not come out of the fabric-washing it makes it worse--not good with a child.

Where were the Germans?
By Perry Webb

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Actually is wife's car but there are definitely problems with it. Ate the original tires under 25000,Then around 50000 check engine light reared it's ugly beam.Dealer came up with a $900.00 fix something about fixing valves with add on clamps?Never understood that,bought some gum out light stayed out for over 6000 then came back on.When I drive it there are just too many blind spots,the ride seems harsh,bump My head on the low roof,don't like not being able to rest arm on window sill.Now also finding out about tie rod problems,My guess the chassis is weak to handle stress of engine and rear wheel drive.

I love my charger!
By charger happy

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I actually bought my 06 RT with 25000 miles on it and a minor crash with about 2000 dollars worth of damage to bumper, fender, roof. I got it fixed and then promptly hit an elk, car jumped it nicely. put black 18's on it,the car is metallic black and totally plain and I absolutely love it. Of course the hemi is awesome, I am totally stock, would like new exhaust for more sound but it is great just the way it is! Gas mileage is about 21 on the highway but I can NEVER keep my foot out of it, love to pass everyone uphill!

Leather seat heaters feel awesome in winter. it is a lot of fun to get the navigation lady confused! I love stepping on the gas and hear that engine come to life and pass in no time flat, no worries.

sunroof can get out of whack and have to go to dealer to reprogram, that costs! when alarm goes off it blows a fuse.

HEMI power with style
By DKRGoods

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Always wanted a car that does not look like the rest, has a nice line too it, rides with comfort but yet is aggressive when needed, interior is quiet, comfy and has room for my big shoulders. A car that has the power when needed to make those quick passes. Wink! Wink! A car you feel safe in when driving. But most of all... a car you can custom to fit your personality. Just remember, like all cars you will have your maintenance but with this car you can spend a few extra bucks and go high performance and not lose your shirt paying for the parts. If you enjoy muscle cars... GET IT. If you don't...don't waste your money. Pro's... HEMI, comfort, style Con's... Can't think of any

I like it all. HEMI is #1

Muscle car exhaust tone. HEMI cars should have their own unique exhaust tone so when one passes you, you will know its a HEMI!!!!!!