Used 2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Dodge Charger Daytona R/T #1937
By Phil

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own a 2006 Dodge Daytona with 78000 miles on the odometer and it still runs perfect !! Using the slapstick auto will save on rotors. I have only changed them once. A/C blows ICE COLD air and heater and seat warmers heat me up in no times. Adding K@N cold air intake and FLOwmaster gives me 20 mpg in town. Not bad for a HEMI. Dodge did well with this car and looking forward to getting a Challenger down the road. Glad I opted for the V-8 as opposed to the V-6 Charger. Best car I have ever owned .

HEMI engine. Power, comfort and reliability ! Great family car.

Heavy duty rotors..Brembos would have been nice.

5.7 L Hemi Midnight Blue
By James

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm 38 yrs old with a family of 4. After some extensive research and looking for a good all around family car, I purchased a 2006 Dodge Charger RT with spoiler showing 46,000 km on the odometer. The Charger RT has great looks, grin smiling power, and is a great all around family car with lots of rear trunk space. The interior is simple & pleasing. Gas mileage on the highway is fairly decent as long as you keep it under 110km/h as the MDS will stay on. Highway 24-28 mpg. It's hard to keep good gas mileage though with the HEMI when you have 340hp at the mercy of your right foot. At the end of the day, this car is an amazing bang for the buck. PS. Put a K&N Cold Air Intake on!

Hemi Power, solid family car, and great looks

none

Dream car turned worst nightmare!
By K. Scott

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I started having issues with my charger 1 year after I purchased, first my driver side window and door locking switches fell down in the door panel, then at 23,000 miles the car really fell apart. First I started to hear a loud noise while the air conditioner was on, then as I was in stop and go traffic when my air is on my car overheats, then I noticed a delay when trying to start the vehicle, then all my air vents popped off the dash. Now at 24,000 miles my shifter locked up in the park position of coarse just after the 3 year warranty has expired. The only assistance dodge will offer is an extended warranty for $1400.00 for 50% off parts and labor.

The look of the car.

Stop using plastic especially in your gear shifters, improve the entire interior, stop ripping off your customers, if you have a defect in the vehicle recall and save your customers the aggravation, stand behind your product.

overall impressed
By happy so far

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car almost a year ago. Now it has 55k miles. Paid $13k. Gas mileage is about 300 miles to the tank. Put 20's on it and it looks great. Love the exterior look. Got pinstrip down the doors to the trunk, didn't like it at first but it breaks up lines and it looks great. I knew the interior wasn't anything super. I like the White gauges. Will need to replace the power steering hose soon it is slightly leaking. Oh and tint all 5 Windows

big trunk. big back seat. style.

low to ground scrapes when parking sometimes. when first at a signal i cant see the light above me i look to the side. with sunvisor down it almost completely blocks my entire view. big blind spot. no rear cup holders and rear seat doesn't fold down?

Money well spent!
By Andrew

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best money I have ever spent! Car rides incredible,feels powerful,sounds throaty! I added a K & N cold air intake and the ride is incredible. Car is a definite head turner!

Heated leather seats,great factory sound system,well hidden 12 volt outlets,sunroof,too many others to list!

I don't know if its possible to improve a car with 340 HP that gets 25 miles a gallon highway! I love everything about the car and have yet to find any dislikes!