2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
2006 Charger R/T
By imdoc on 04/12/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 06 R/T one month ago. I absolutely love this car. It handles great both in the wet and dry (I don't know about snow yet). I get all kinds of looks as I drive down the street. It has good acceleration. Gas mileage is better than expected for mixed city/highway driving (about 18), and I can't wait to take it to Yellowstone this summer (about 1000 miles round trip). I love the rear wheel drive as it 'behaves' like cars are supposed to. The interior is simple, but I subscribe to the less is more philosophy. The styling is aggressive and I love it's stance. I back it into the garage because I like the way it looks sitting in there when the door's open, vain, I know! Excellent car

good but not great
By dodge charger r/t on 04/10/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I started having trouble with the engine light coming on, then trouble with the trunk switch not working, but first was my front sway bar and my right tie rod, then my sun roof wouldn't work, got my sun roof to work, then my radio, shut the car off, for an hour, then everything worked except the trunk switch., now my outside temperature gauge doesn't work, and my compass, they don't know how too fix, this problem, I keep contacting the service department, but they don't call me back, I'm done with Chrysler, even though I, love my charger, and that great power, I have Borla exhaust on my car, and it sounds great, except for the lifter, noise, come on Chrysler you can do much better than that, make quality, not quantity

Stylish, aggressive and powerful
By OFiroz on 04/06/08 02:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

V6 3.5 High Out put engine, I am totally convinced and satisfied with the performance of this beast. I had JAG V8 before this car. I think Charger V6 is faster than JAG V8, don't know how and why! I had some exterior sticker work and sports filter fixed on my black charger. It turns head wherever it goes. calm ride, though I am not very pleased about the interior plastic pieces and shock absorbers, even small humps can be felt inside the cabin. some noise from the back seats and rear door, don't know it is from inside the door or rear fender. Checked twice, the dealers doesn't have a clue it seems.It is 100% men's car and it is written all over the car!

I love it.
By Skelly on 03/30/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So I bought my charger used in early August, it had 12,000 miles. I love the body styling. It's built like a Buick, but handles like a Beamer- the suspension stays tight on sharp turns. The RWD makes it feel like a dream at high speeds. The headlights are very bright- low beams are often times mistaken for brights. The back seat is huge- great for those extra passengers and road trips. I've kept it maintained to specifications, and so far, haven't had any problems.

Totally satisfied
By Jerry Stephens on 03/25/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving my Charger for a number of months, it has passed the test of time. I have no complaints concerning this car. The car has a perfect blend of performance, space, comfort and styling.

Our Dodge Charger
By Chris Pape on 03/24/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car and she loves it. We have driven it on long trips and completely enjoy the power and comfort of a Hemi Charger. She enjoys the security of being able to pull out in traffic without worry. Only negative is in the snow because the Hemi has so much power. But you just put it in 2nd or 3rd and she will handle it fine. Greta car!

2006 Charger R/T
By WARREN37 on 03/19/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My silver steel metallic R/T is so much fun to drive. the V8 with MDS gets me 28.5 mpg highway (no that's not a typo), so those boring drives to and from work don't drain my wallet. When I want to tear up the hometown over the weekend, she has plenty of power to turn heads. Granted, while "fun-driving" I get a much lower mpg, but thats not what you buy it for. The aggressive looking front-end practically pushes cars out of your way on the highway.

Love the Charger!
By vrvray on 03/06/08 12:07 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a snow bird and the R/T is a road car. The power levels out the hills in WV with total style and comfort. Mileage is as advertised providing you keep your foot out of it! That isn't easy to do! I averaged 26.6 mpg from Hartsville, SC to Tampa, FL. Can't beat it and boy do we get the looks, all black is the way to go!

SRT8 Charger
By pthead on 03/03/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have an Inferno Red 2006 SRT8 Charger and absolutely love it.  I love to drive it. Country roads, interstates, it doesn't matter.  Tire have to be replaced about every 25000 miles and the gas mileage isn't the greatest but you don't buy a car like this for those reasons. You even get a free SRT8 Track Experience class when you buy one.

Nice car overall
By vince on 12/19/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've enjoyed this car since the day I purchased it. After 11 months of ownership, I still catch myself looking over my shoulder at it, as I walk away. Fun car to drive. The 3.5 V6 is more than enough power for most driving. Expected a bit better gas milage.. the V8 guys get close to what I get. Now Dodge has snared me with a well designed/good quality car, I may have to look at the new Challenger. Good job Dodge.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.