2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Greatest Charger!
By Sonny G. on 11/10/08 08:09 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 Charger Daytona, It is the most exciting car I've ever owned. This car will do anything you ask of it and leave pleanty on the table. As for gas mileage I get 17mpg in town, 27mpg highway. And this is the 7.5 hemi. To get this much car in any other brand you would have to buy a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes. This Charger layes out a challenge that is very dificult for other automakers to meet.

American Muscle
By DodgeLover on 10/18/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

There's no doubt this car is what Dodge intended to create when they designed this baby. A straight- loving American muscle car that grudgingly slumps around corners and then takes off again. My Daytona Charger is quite a head-turner, especially where I live in Daytona Beach, Florida. I love the ability to outrun smaller, faster LOOKING cars and have them stare in disbelief. I love my Daytona and would absolutely suggest it to anyone who isn't looking to spend too much for (relatively) great performance.

It's bad!
By biscuitg09 on 09/18/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can't explain how awesome this car is i love it so much it's so fast so comfortable and i have no complaints. I'm used to driving my 1995 dodge Dakota, but now wit this 5.7 lr hemi powered beast man it's no match i drive it everywhere and the whole time im on the road, the eyes are on my, i put a srt-8 spoiler on it and it is a dark red with silver pinstripe. white leather interior, sunroof smoothest ride i have ever been in and a custom chrome grill. i could go on but i'm am leaving it at that, but i can't say one bad thing about this car.

Almost 3 years old
By TJ on 06/20/08 01:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2006 SXT, Cool Vanilla, Sunroof, Leather heated seats. The honeymoon period is over. Although I still enjoy the overall ride, power and performance, I am bothered by the electrical issues, and the cheap interior this car has. Also the lack of amenities other cars offered for the price tag. The bad: Cheap plastic interior, passenger door handle broke, plastic glove box door handle broke. Leather seats look/feel cheap. Electrical sucks, rear driver side window won't go down. sometimes the Sunroof does a wacky open close open when you press the button. Horrible radio, especially with AM reception. The check engine light is lit at only 37K miles. And mind you, I baby this car

Love the Car but....
By The Simon's on 06/10/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I will say I love the speed and the people in the rear view mirror. However there are some things that I am very upset with. A new car after $12,000 miles of use should not already need new rotors. I had to fight the dealership to get this warrantied. At the same time I was having radio issues as well as passenger's power window would not roll down. Then came the navagation system, then a transmission leak. All in all it took 1 yr and 3 separate car dealerships to work out the rotor issue (two times), radio/nav. system, transmission leak, power lock. I think finally all the bugs have been worked out. Just hope the car holds up for the years we have to pay for it.

Luv the power
By My 2nd Dodge on 05/26/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Dodge. I do not have the Hemi, and I feel there is no need to really have it. I wish it had the radio and other controls on the steering wheel like my Monte. I use the manual shift at times when I need that extra power in tight places. Great on gas for the power it has. My favorite color is the Black. I have had one problem with the car, and I have had it into the Dodge Dealer 2x's and they still don't have it fixed. The right side rear window motor keeps going bad and now that it is out the service agreement I'm not really sure who to trust in fixing the problem. I wish it came with a sunroof also. Great looking car for it being a 4 door, I never thought I would buy one.

I had hoped we'd stopped building boats
By ebegbee on 05/21/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Soft floating ride, hard seats, horrible blind spots, noisy engine, hard shifts. What else, horrendous ergonomics: cant adjust rear view mirror easily, it is too close to roof line. Waistline is too high, ergo can't rest elbow on door with window open. Cheap plastic interior, door mounted window switch bracket now broken. Awful cheap radio. Turn signal stalk too low on steering column, too easy to grab cruise control stalk by mistake. The most sensitive car to side winds I have ever driven, is it the steering geometry or just the aerodynamics of the bricklike shape? Need I go on, this is a sorry piece of automotive engineering rightly relegated to to rental fleets.

Best Car I have ever owned!
By The Captain on 04/22/08 04:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The size, the power, the styling, and that scowl of the front end hooked me from the start. I have always owned Japanese cars and was reluctant to try Dodge particularly in the first model year. But now I am glad I did. This car kicks, turns heads and is fast, responsive, comfortable and quiet. Rides like a Mercedes. I have silver with 20" chrome wheels and Goodyear RSA Z rated performance tires, a real head turner! I have had no problems at all so I am surprised at some of the reviews where people have. This car shines like a diamond in a sea of what seems to be a lot of ugly drab cars today.

Yeah its got a Hemi..
By Hemis-Rock on 04/16/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I searched high and low for a car that met all my expectations for 7 months, when finally the Daytona Spec charger made eyes with me. It was love at first drive. Performance is blistering on the straights. The car needs wider wheels/tires at least at the back because the torque when gunned is overwhelming for the stock set up. Interior materials are average American at best, but this is not why I purchased the car. The mighty 5.7 V8 Hemi is a heart stopper, the feeling of unequal ecstasy and exhilaration when this bad boy is revving high is what legends are made of. Go out and buy one now!

great car
By H Harris on 04/13/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car as a daily driver with the performance of a sports car! Almost as much fun to drive as my Mustang GT convertible. The gas mileage is good on a trip..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.