Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Top Banana
By c21edmack

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Car is awesome. Runs well, power is there when I need it. Handles like a champ and best of all it has 4 doors!

Interior, exterior.

Light for passengers in the back.

'06 Charger R/T
By J Lewis

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I waited 20 years for Dodge to build a car like the new Charger. I have an early production Charger R/T with no options. I love the beast! Lots of power, especially at low RPM, big brakes, and decent handling without killing the ride. And the styling is just great! Excellent fuel economy for a full size car if you keep your foot off the gas (good luck at that). The power steering is typical Mopar - lots of feel, but also lots of boost and no centering power, so you have to keep an eye on the car. She will wander off if you aren't careful. It helps to drive with both hands, which also makes the turn signal and cruise control placement make sense.

Power, handling, and brakes. The Mercedes-style cruise control is nice once you get used to it.

Big blind spot (for me) at the A pillars and mirrors. And a little too much understeer at lower speeds.

Think you love the Charger? Buy one!
By Jasonic

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was formerly a Mustang fan, but from my first test drive I fell in love. Though the gas mileage on the Hemi is obviously going to be a little low, the cost per drive is made up by the thrill that is getting behind the wheel. I look forward to my 35 mile ride to and from work everyday. I love how it looks and how it feels to drive it. Solid, powerful, uplifting. I swear, you feel connected to this car. Like your part of it. I know it sounds dramatic but it's an experience that makes you smile. The seats are comfortable and everything is within reach. Plus. the acceleration is electifying and it sounds like a pack of rhinos when it's blowing by you on the highway.

The R/T package. Special suspension, E\exhaust, 10 extra horses, some leather. Did I mention I the engine and how awesome it is?

Fix the people who like to open their car doors into yours and chip your paint. I used to own a Saturn and while I could never go back, there's something to be said about plastic cars and inconsiderate people.

Great All Around Car!
By Tomahawk

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car! It happens to be my first new car I've purchased. I love the performance and smooth ride. I drives like a muscle car and rides like a luxury car at the same time. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an all around great car. Got to love the HEMI!

Of course the power of the HEMI! Also the look of the car. Many people have asked me if it was BMW or Bentley!

A few more standard options would me nice. Like both front leather seats should be power.

Mama's Hot Rod
By Jennifer Williams

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been eyeing this car since its debut last year and fell in love on my first test drive. I test drove over 20 different cars and kept coming back to the Charger. I travel extensively and drive several differnt rental vehicles- I am always excited to get back into my car at the airport and get to drive it. Nothing on the road compares to this expereince. The power, the looks and the room to put my three children in the backseat. Two big "boys" each over 6' tall and a carseat fit just fine. I have the Road and Track R/T that has the 10 extra horse power, dual power buckets and upgrade exhaust system that the Daytona R/T features.

The exterior styling, Hemi-power and interior roominess.

As beautifully styled as the exterior is, the interior is very common looking and "plastic" in feel.