2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Awesome car
By lancen on 08/04/05 00:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just after we purchased the car we took it on a long road trip with 4 adults and one child in a car seat. The car was extremly comfortable and had excellant pickup for passing and hills. No complaints at all.

Alot of bang for your buck!
By Mike on 08/02/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 2006 Charger. For the money- (I paid $29,995)-I got a black RT that is an absolute head turner. The only gripes I have are the placement of the cruise control lever(GOOFY), and the rear spoiler should have been standard- I had to buy mine off of EBAY. The review in Car & Driver does not do this car justice. There is no car out there that can give you Hemi power and "4" doors besides the 300C. I own a 2003 Ram 2500 with this same engine. I knew it could move my pickup in a hurry. I just had to see what it could do in the Charger. Wow!

'69 r/t vs '06 r/t
By charger man on 08/02/05 09:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

To do justice for the newer Charger, one has to base it on experience, which I can do because I have a 69 r/t big block with the 440, automatic. Back in '69 carmakers were not worried about gas mileage, nor were they worried about quality. If it performed, it was great. The '69 was a 2 door coupe and the '06 is a 4 door sedan which is something people can complain about, but they have to know that Chrysler did its homework. The '06 Charger r/t is a fun car to drive. It has power on demand. It is very comfortable, well designed and handling and braking are amazing. It has simple badging which I think should be addressed, like have something besides the Hemi on the side of the car to ID it

Charger a good choice for car fun
By michael fortner on 08/01/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow what a car! I can't drive more than a mile or two without someone slowing down or turning a head to look at this pure muscle car. The cockpit is perfect, and the power is so cool! Gas mileage is more on the bottom range of 15 city and 20 hwy, but who buys a muscle car for the gas economy?

This one is going....going....IT'S GONE!
By MoparMan on 07/31/05 02:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my Charger R/T for about 1 month (800 miles). Let me start by saying that I'm married with a toddler son and one on the way. This car has a better front and side impact rating than my wife's Volvo (and a lot more interior room). The styling is awesome. People (old and young, men and women) can't help but stare and point. It rides like a luxury car..but runs like a muscle car. The standard R/T Boston Acoustics stereo is great. I hate to sound like a commercial, but if you can find a better car (anywhere near this price range) BUY IT! The reality is that if you want to compete with the R/T or 300c, you'll have to drop at least another 20 grand on a BMW or Mercedes. Home Run!

Satisfied Customer
By Happy Hoosier on 07/29/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall this car is great. Great looks, great power and great fun to drive. I have had numerous people approach me at the gas station to look at the car. While some purists may not like the fact that it is a 4-door sedan, I can say that without that feature I would not have been able to justify buying it. This configuration is much more practical and I think it does not detract from the muscle car image of the car. It is nice to have the good looks comfort, and power in a 4-door car.

Beauty and a Beast
By E. Weatherbee on 07/28/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. It is definitely a car that gets attention. The power and growl of the the engine restores the Charger back to its muscle car fame. The ride is smooth, yet stiff enough to handle agressive driving and cornering. The ride is very quiet and comfortable. When you get on the gas the engine springs to life and the growl of the engine and exhaust let you know the Hemi is under the hood. The interior is well appointed with comfortable seats that will adjust to almost any size person. The adjustable seats, telescoping / tilting steering wheel and power adjustable pedals offer infinate adjustability. Dodge hit a home run with this driving machine.

Daytona R/T
By Kip Kiener on 07/26/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is so comfortable and after only one weekend of driving, it rides very smooth. The sound system is well balanced although the bass is heavy and seems to be for those who like their music to go boom. I was able to get comfortable behind the wheel right away and all the options on the console make it a gadget bug's dream. And as far as performance, its a Hemi.

Fun to drive
By texdew on 07/25/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Charger SXT last week and have had a ball driving it. Favorite Feature: The style of the outside and practicality of the inside.(4 doors and large trunk) Improvement: No sunroof/moonroof. Suggestion: Go buy one!

R/T charger
By mark long on 07/23/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife hates the Magnum, "no wagon no matter what it has in it". I've liked since it came out but respected her opinion on wagons. Needless to say the Charger is no wagon. I traded in a Mercedes C240, and we bought it on first sight. The Charger is more fun than any 4door car has a right to be. With the 5.7Hemi it runs in the 1/4mile with my 68'327 4speed Vette. Granted the Vette doesn't have ESP tech, but it is 1,500lbs lighter. I don't believe it has a bad angle exterior wise, and there really is nothing that looks like it on the road. I don't care what muscle car purest think about a 4door Charger. I have my toys. This is a pure driving enthusiast dream come true, only in a practical sense.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.