Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Takes Me Back !
By Ted

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Was in the market for a 300 but the styling of the Charger won me over. It definitely has that feeling of driving my old '73 LeMans but with much improved handling, and of course much better fuel economy. I have never had so many starngers come and talk to me and ask me questions about my car. Seems that everyone is as impressed by its looks as I am. Still wished I could have afforded the Hemi though! At speed, the wind raises the rear bumper which in turn rubs on the trunk lid wearing a line in the paint. Have been told that Chrysler will have a fix for this August 1, 2006.

Lots of room and very comfortable seating. The thing rides like it is on rails. A great highway car. This car is a lot more than a looker.

Cruise Control - put on steering wheel please! I have a 6 speaker Boston Acoustics 276 watt system. Poor Sound in my opinion, very bassy. With all the plastic in the car, everything vibrates. Also need an MP3 capable player or even an aux. jack.

Fun
By j wills

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive. The only complaint is they don't have a stick shift for the R/T. Have been very satisfied thus far with the Charger. Just remember to use the cruise control.

Stick shift for the R/T

Charger R/T
By FKS

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the Charger R/T about a month ago and drove it now for 1000 miles. I traded for a Ram 1500 Quad. SLT with all the options and 5.7l Hemi. After driving for longer periods I realized how comfortable the Charger was. The handling on mountain roads is exellent. This is a very quiet riding vehicle with outstanding exelleration. It takes a little practice to understand the stereo and GPS system. This vehicle is equipped with the electronics convenience group, the covenience Group II, Sound Group II, sunroof and full map display GPS Nav Radio.The Charger was a little pricey but more comfortable then the 300 Chrysler.

Comfortable and quiet ridng, no wind or road noise. Responsive steering and acceleration. The ability to manually shift the transmission on mountain roads.The overall appearence of this Charger.

The location of the cruise control is not all that practical.

Love my Charger
By J. Lorenzo

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Was always a Chevy lover but as soon as I saw this new Charger, had to have it (Chevy and Pontiac missing the boat on styling). I drive 30 miles each way to work and it is a pleasure. Car gets plenty of attention and I get ask about it all the time. My wife was scared of the power at first but now wants to drive it all the time. I can say with truth that I have no regrets about buying this cool car. Great for family and greater for me who loves the power.

Hemi, Hemi, Hemi, styling, comfort

Steering a bit touchy

Sweet Ride
By RIP

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Charger, it performs great. 0-60 fast, even pulling 4000 pounds. Lots of room and you still feel cool driving down the road.

Sound system. Hemi of course. Looks great

Weak exhaust. Even Daytona need to go aftermarket if you want some real thunder. Gas mileage

• SUV