Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Love my Charger
By J. Lorenzo

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Was always a Chevy lover but as soon as I saw this new Charger, had to have it (Chevy and Pontiac missing the boat on styling). I drive 30 miles each way to work and it is a pleasure. Car gets plenty of attention and I get ask about it all the time. My wife was scared of the power at first but now wants to drive it all the time. I can say with truth that I have no regrets about buying this cool car. Great for family and greater for me who loves the power.

Hemi, Hemi, Hemi, styling, comfort

Steering a bit touchy

Sweet Ride
By RIP

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Charger, it performs great. 0-60 fast, even pulling 4000 pounds. Lots of room and you still feel cool driving down the road.

Sound system. Hemi of course. Looks great

Weak exhaust. Even Daytona need to go aftermarket if you want some real thunder. Gas mileage

By Jules

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car was horrible. I had to look over the scooped hood just to see the hood. Very uncomfortable even with leather. Awfully cheap feeling and looking interior. Sorry for ever buying it, but thank God for the guarantee. The only thing good was the power. For riding on a Mercedes platform, it was horrible.

Power, pick-up

Flatten the hood. I can't see the road without straining my neck. Improve ride quality and quietness. Keep the power and scrap everything else.

Lots of Hype, Little Substance
By Used to Be Fast

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got my '06 Charger Daytona with high hopes, and am very disappointed. The car is a joy to drive with its quiet interior, and delicious ride. The nav system and bluetooth give the interior a modern feel. The exhaust note is great when you hit the gas, but quiet when you cruise. That's it for the good news. The car is sluggish at low speeds, due to its 4,000 lb. weight and 2.82:1 gear. The MDS system doesn't work well past 60 mph. Mileage is a dismal 17 hwy, 10 city, & the rated 350 HP from the bogus hemi (it's a "semi- hemi", not a real hemi) is a joke. Not recommended.

Moving map navigation system. Great ride quality.

Lower (mechanically) final drive ratio. A real variable displacement system.

I love this car!
By melann

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car ever since they came out. My very first car was a 1984 Dodge Charger, a far cry from this bad baby, but you know, I am sentimental. This is one of the most awsome cars because you can have power and still have a family car. It handles so well. The smoothness of driving is a pleasureable experience. I originally wanted the SXT model for the extra gas mileage, but my husband said I would be made fun of to have a car like that with the 6 cylinder motor. I think he just wanted that HEMI. Well, I am glad I listened to him. I love the HEMI. I love this car!

The interior is awesome and very nice looking. I like the ignition switch in the dash. It makes me think of the older cars. Lots of room.

Cruise control needs to be somewhere else. It is almost in the way.