Used 2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Lots of Hype, Little Substance
By Used to Be Fast

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got my '06 Charger Daytona with high hopes, and am very disappointed. The car is a joy to drive with its quiet interior, and delicious ride. The nav system and bluetooth give the interior a modern feel. The exhaust note is great when you hit the gas, but quiet when you cruise. That's it for the good news. The car is sluggish at low speeds, due to its 4,000 lb. weight and 2.82:1 gear. The MDS system doesn't work well past 60 mph. Mileage is a dismal 17 hwy, 10 city, & the rated 350 HP from the bogus hemi (it's a "semi- hemi", not a real hemi) is a joke. Not recommended.

Moving map navigation system. Great ride quality.

Lower (mechanically) final drive ratio. A real variable displacement system.

I love this car!
By melann

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car ever since they came out. My very first car was a 1984 Dodge Charger, a far cry from this bad baby, but you know, I am sentimental. This is one of the most awsome cars because you can have power and still have a family car. It handles so well. The smoothness of driving is a pleasureable experience. I originally wanted the SXT model for the extra gas mileage, but my husband said I would be made fun of to have a car like that with the 6 cylinder motor. I think he just wanted that HEMI. Well, I am glad I listened to him. I love the HEMI. I love this car!

The interior is awesome and very nice looking. I like the ignition switch in the dash. It makes me think of the older cars. Lots of room.

Cruise control needs to be somewhere else. It is almost in the way.

Top Banana
By c21edmack

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Car is awesome. Runs well, power is there when I need it. Handles like a champ and best of all it has 4 doors!

Interior, exterior.

Light for passengers in the back.

'06 Charger R/T
By J Lewis

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I waited 20 years for Dodge to build a car like the new Charger. I have an early production Charger R/T with no options. I love the beast! Lots of power, especially at low RPM, big brakes, and decent handling without killing the ride. And the styling is just great! Excellent fuel economy for a full size car if you keep your foot off the gas (good luck at that). The power steering is typical Mopar - lots of feel, but also lots of boost and no centering power, so you have to keep an eye on the car. She will wander off if you aren't careful. It helps to drive with both hands, which also makes the turn signal and cruise control placement make sense.

Power, handling, and brakes. The Mercedes-style cruise control is nice once you get used to it.

Big blind spot (for me) at the A pillars and mirrors. And a little too much understeer at lower speeds.

Think you love the Charger? Buy one!
By Jasonic

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was formerly a Mustang fan, but from my first test drive I fell in love. Though the gas mileage on the Hemi is obviously going to be a little low, the cost per drive is made up by the thrill that is getting behind the wheel. I look forward to my 35 mile ride to and from work everyday. I love how it looks and how it feels to drive it. Solid, powerful, uplifting. I swear, you feel connected to this car. Like your part of it. I know it sounds dramatic but it's an experience that makes you smile. The seats are comfortable and everything is within reach. Plus. the acceleration is electifying and it sounds like a pack of rhinos when it's blowing by you on the highway.

The R/T package. Special suspension, E\exhaust, 10 extra horses, some leather. Did I mention I the engine and how awesome it is?

Fix the people who like to open their car doors into yours and chip your paint. I used to own a Saturn and while I could never go back, there's something to be said about plastic cars and inconsiderate people.