2006 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
NEW TIE RODS @ 40,000 miles
By jaci3 on 04/05/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

go have your tie rod end replaced as soon as possible we were on the road doing 55 when the tie rod broke we are so lucky to be alive. My charger everyone is a 2008 with 40,000 miles on it it is time we do something about this issue. I will be going public everywhere about this till Dodge recalls them.

dont get rear ended in this car!!!!!!!!
By sfoglio on 03/11/11 06:29 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my father was in an accident in this car. he was on the highway in kentucky and some lady on her cell phone smacked into the dead center of the back end at 70 mph. needless to say the car was totaled, however this car burst into flames immediately! reason... not the speed or force... but the fact that dodge decided to put a battery right on top of the fuel tank!!seriously?? the highway patrol said the only reason he is still alive is because he had a FULL tank of gas. sound strange? yes. but the fact is there was no oxygen in the tank to ignite an instant explosion. if there had been 1/2 or even 3/4 a tank he would have been killed instantly... hey dodge,,, think it's time for a recall?????

Very "ticked off!"
By Annette Lysmer on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned My Charger now for 4 1/2 yrs, and almost have it paid off. this is the first car I've ever bought brand new. I have never had any problems with this car until the basic warranty ran out. I only have 41,000 miles on it, and developed a "ticking" sound coming form the driver's side of the engine. I brought it in to the dealership, had a diagnostic, and was told that The "rocker arms" on both Left & right sides need to be replaced, with a cost of $800.00 for parts and $1000.00 for labor, AND the "tension struts" needed to be replaced as well! for another $1300.00!!! after reading some of these other consumer reviews, many others have had this problem as well, at low mileage! Recall!

Not a happy driver!
By IZTHELIZ on 03/25/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the style of the car, it does have blind spots, I have added smaller mirrors on the side mirrors to help with this. I am very disappointed in Dodge and their way of handling service. @ 26K needed new tires, have had 3 leaks in the transmission, @ 55K new tie rods, @ 61K diagnosed needed new struts and upper control arm (Dodge won't cover) @ 63K rocker arm in the engine needed to be repaired. The service manager said that this is a design issue (but Dodge hasn't done a recall?), vents are broke and a plastic piece on the drivers seat broke and the screw keeps coming out. Aux plug doesn't work anymore. Rusting as well.I have been very disappointed with this vehicle, already looking to trade.

06 Dodge Charger SXT
By Roadstar on 03/09/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car drives great and I have the SXT trim level. The 3.5 engine is plenty of power for most people and still have fun. The tie rods wore out a little early at 45,000 miles. All in all I love this car!

This is so aggrevating
By Never Again on 02/26/10 01:51 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The biggest, most complicated issue was eventually finding out that a "rattle" I was hearing from the engine area was actually a weld seam that came undone between the engine compartment and the firewall of the dash. My vehicle was in the shop for almost a month while the engine was completely taken apart and rebuilt. They welded the seam together and put everything else back. Luckily that started happening before the warranty ran out. Since then, various parts of my engine have made noises; belts, cooling fan, etc. My exhaust manifold has been replaced twice already. Now my car is "chiming" while I drive, and the oil leaks--go figure! I do not suggest this vehicle.

Where were the Germans?
By Perry Webb on 02/22/10 16:48 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Actually is wife's car but there are definitely problems with it. Ate the original tires under 25000,Then around 50000 check engine light reared it's ugly beam.Dealer came up with a $900.00 fix something about fixing valves with add on clamps?Never understood that,bought some gum out light stayed out for over 6000 then came back on.When I drive it there are just too many blind spots,the ride seems harsh,bump My head on the low roof,don't like not being able to rest arm on window sill.Now also finding out about tie rod problems,My guess the chassis is weak to handle stress of engine and rear wheel drive.

Dream car turned worst nightmare!
By K. Scott on 11/06/09 18:27 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I started having issues with my charger 1 year after I purchased, first my driver side window and door locking switches fell down in the door panel, then at 23,000 miles the car really fell apart. First I started to hear a loud noise while the air conditioner was on, then as I was in stop and go traffic when my air is on my car overheats, then I noticed a delay when trying to start the vehicle, then all my air vents popped off the dash. Now at 24,000 miles my shifter locked up in the park position of coarse just after the 3 year warranty has expired. The only assistance dodge will offer is an extended warranty for $1400.00 for 50% off parts and labor.

overall impressed
By happy so far on 09/09/09 01:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car almost a year ago. Now it has 55k miles. Paid $13k. Gas mileage is about 300 miles to the tank. Put 20's on it and it looks great. Love the exterior look. Got pinstrip down the doors to the trunk, didn't like it at first but it breaks up lines and it looks great. I knew the interior wasn't anything super. I like the White gauges. Will need to replace the power steering hose soon it is slightly leaking. Oh and tint all 5 Windows

Unhappy in Bay Area
By Unhappy Owner on 08/19/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 21,000 miles. I didn't start experiencing any problems until my car kept vibrating when I stopped. I had it checked and was told that my tire rods were worn. Then I started hearing a noise coming from the engine (a rocker shaft). After having this and a 90,000 mile service costs me $2087.00. Now my engine light constantly comes on. I was told to open the gas cap and let out some of the air. After reading a lot of the reviews, I noticed that this car should have had some recalls. Of course my extended warranty ended at 70,000.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.