Used 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Awsome Machine by Dodge
By Eric Reed

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted one of these cars and finally found the right one. It is a thrill to drive and very popular with the family. Dodge has done it ! I've had Challengers, Cudas and others and this awsome ride surpasses them all. All I can say is " Hemi baby " and I have always loved the 383 engine.

Big hemi, exhaust sound. Seats rock! Awesome looks.

As of now I can't think of any!

Best car yet for me
By jmiles82

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had many new vehicles in the past including 1987 Buick Grand National, 1995 Impala SS, 1996 Mercedes Benz E300D, 1998 Mercedes C280 Sport, 2005 Subaru WRX STi. The SRT8 Charger I can honestly say delivers the best driving experience to date. The highway ride is outstanding, the brakes are beyond reproach and Dodge has the balls to not govern the top speed on this rocketship. (Unlike almost every other manufacturer). The fit/finish is very good and although it is a fairly heavy car the 425HP SRT8 engine makes every trip enjoyable. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Engine, brakes

Make DVD navigation system more user friendly, improve quality of plastic surfaces in interior (looks like they belong in a RAM pickup).

Something Wicked This Way Comes
By Gruvn_SRT8

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The beauty of modern engineering is that car manufacturers can now produce a vehicle such as the SRT8. A car that blends exceptional civility with very uncivilised performance. I just purchased this car a week ago. Brought it home without drama in 10 below weather, with the roads covered in ice. The tires on this monster are Goodyear F1's! Started it without a hitch in the same weather the next morning. Again, no drama. And no engine block heater either. That is not even on the option sheet for the SRT8. Not even here in Canada. Warmed the car up and drove to work. Found a patch of dry road on the way. No traffic. Dropped the hammer. Big drama! Thanks DC!

The Hemi. The exceptionally comfortable heated seats and mirrors. The ESP and traction control is flawless so far. Room for four adults in total comfort. Brick wall brakes. Very good visibility considering the short windows. HVAC controls easy to use (no DVD/GPS nav system). Thick steering wheel.

Improve the quality of the interior plastics. They are too cheap for a car like this. A light in the engine bay would be nice as well. Block heater for us Canaucks and our friends in the Northern US perhaps? Back up sensor system or even better, a camera so my wife can back the car (shes short).

Best new car I have ever owned
By Jason

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

She has all the sophistication of a classic road car with all the creature comforts a man needs. Her performance will be a ten when I add the supercharger system and all the mods to push this beast past any conventional two door sports car. Dodge hit this one right on the money with the nascar body styling and four doors for the family man. A perfect car for the midlife crisis. I love the fact everybody on the highway gets out of my way when they seen me coming from their rearview mirros. I cannot stop smiling for two hours after I go on one of my "country cruises." I have had as many thumbs up with this car as I have with my classic collection.

Chip Foose 22" deep dish rims dealer installed. Satellite XM radio, Dash layout. 425 horses and 430 Ibs. of when needed (often) Large cabin space, lazer edge exterior styling, more girlfriends who think they are going to get to drive my car(never!)

My name on the side of the car, superbird wing, supercharger system with all computer and mechanical upgrades.The car should come standard with everything. give the consumer no choice. That way 30 years from now these will be a true collector's car.

Awesome
By Kim

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had my car for 5 days but it is just an incredible feeling to get behind the wheel of this car. So comfortable, solidly built, you feel safe, secure and at the same time stylish. I love everything about it!

My absolute favorite feature is the Uconnect phone link. I think that is just the ultimate in safety features. The stereo/VES system isn't too shabby either!

None, it's perfect!