2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Awsome Machine by Dodge
By Eric Reed on 08/11/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted one of these cars and finally found the right one. It is a thrill to drive and very popular with the family. Dodge has done it ! I've had Challengers, Cudas and others and this awsome ride surpasses them all. All I can say is " Hemi baby " and I have always loved the 383 engine.

Best car yet for me
By jmiles82 on 07/04/07 20:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had many new vehicles in the past including 1987 Buick Grand National, 1995 Impala SS, 1996 Mercedes Benz E300D, 1998 Mercedes C280 Sport, 2005 Subaru WRX STi. The SRT8 Charger I can honestly say delivers the best driving experience to date. The highway ride is outstanding, the brakes are beyond reproach and Dodge has the balls to not govern the top speed on this rocketship. (Unlike almost every other manufacturer). The fit/finish is very good and although it is a fairly heavy car the 425HP SRT8 engine makes every trip enjoyable. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Something Wicked This Way Comes
By Gruvn_SRT8 on 01/21/07 08:42 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The beauty of modern engineering is that car manufacturers can now produce a vehicle such as the SRT8. A car that blends exceptional civility with very uncivilised performance. I just purchased this car a week ago. Brought it home without drama in 10 below weather, with the roads covered in ice. The tires on this monster are Goodyear F1's! Started it without a hitch in the same weather the next morning. Again, no drama. And no engine block heater either. That is not even on the option sheet for the SRT8. Not even here in Canada. Warmed the car up and drove to work. Found a patch of dry road on the way. No traffic. Dropped the hammer. Big drama! Thanks DC!

Best new car I have ever owned
By Jason on 01/09/07 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

She has all the sophistication of a classic road car with all the creature comforts a man needs. Her performance will be a ten when I add the supercharger system and all the mods to push this beast past any conventional two door sports car. Dodge hit this one right on the money with the nascar body styling and four doors for the family man. A perfect car for the midlife crisis. I love the fact everybody on the highway gets out of my way when they seen me coming from their rearview mirros. I cannot stop smiling for two hours after I go on one of my "country cruises." I have had as many thumbs up with this car as I have with my classic collection.

Awesome
By Kim on 12/07/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had my car for 5 days but it is just an incredible feeling to get behind the wheel of this car. So comfortable, solidly built, you feel safe, secure and at the same time stylish. I love everything about it!

2006 Dodge SRT8
By John Metcalf on 11/09/06 07:44 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the finest cars I have ever purchased. It has a great ride and great feel to the road. The fuel consumption is actually pretty good considering the horsepower this car develops. I've taken it on one trip and got an average of 21.7 mpg. Please note that 98% was freeway driving at 68 to 72 mph. This car is a great value for its price.

Not just for men
By chargeher on 11/04/06 18:45 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I thought I would never get rid of my minivan that I loved since I have 2 boys both over 6'3 and play sports but could not turn away from the Charger. Boy were they glad! Nothing has made everyone from Dad to the youngest son happier than to have a cool car to have mom drive you around in, and nothing has made me happier than to have a car I can count on. Somehow when I drive it I can get 20-21 mpg but when Dad decides to drive it goes to 14 mpg. No problem, we both enjoy it, just for different reasons. I have added 22" wheels and a pinstripe to accent the rear wheel well. Just a little to make it different. We can all take a ride it this bad boy together and no one minds at all.

Charger SRT8 Modern Muscle Car
By RussL on 09/20/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

When I sold my 73 Challenger in June of 2005, I thought that was the last time I would ever feel the power of a stroked big block V8, I was wrong. This SRT8 is equal in quickness and greatly exceeds the top end speed of the 73 500" Challenger. Plus it's practical. Having a wife and two children under 4 makes this an ideal family car. To be honest, my wife drives it more than I do. She loves the power. Driving on two lane highways can be a pain if you don't have the torque to get your vehicle through the passing window of time. SRT will not let you down!

Family rocket
By John Ramsey on 09/18/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

It's hard to believe that only a few short years ago Chrysler did not even offer a V8 in a car, much less a rear drive one. They've more than made up for it. With a wife and two kids, this is a perfect choice for a family man's muscle car. Not only is it the cheapest of the SRT8's, it is also the coolest looking, with it's hood scoop and rear spoiler. The Magnum and 300C SRT8's look too much like the regular Hemi's to me.

No a Sports Car
By Uwe on 08/24/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Since I have the Charger, people ask me "And it's fast, isn't it?" Well, it's not slow, but its 4100+ pounds take some time to get moving. 0-60 in 5 seconds according to various reviews. A sporty car, not a sports car. My 349HP MB SLK32 is a sports car. Lousy gas mileage (as expected). Nice interior. Stereo (mine has the high-end one) a bit disappointing due to some lack in bass. Seats not fully leather, but then again this is a under $40k car. Some people think the windows are too small, I don't. No idea what the stability control is there for, mine never seems to kick in. Comfortable ride. Too long to fit in my garage with the motorcycle (I traded this for a KIA Sorento which did fit).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.