Used 2006 Dodge Charger SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

3.5
By jjhenagin

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned the 3.5 for almost eight years, I'm over 130,000 miles and I have no complaints. I drove this thing hard and put it away wet almost every day of those eight years and it wasn't until 120,000 that I had a problem, a broken tie rod which was the result of my bad driving. I can't speak for the hemi, but the 3.5 has been reliable for me. My only complaint about the 3.5 is the mileage, it's a pig. Other than that, I love my car, it's reliable, smooth driving and easy handling, quick, comfortable. I plan on replacing it with another 3.5 when the time comes.

Mileage

NEW TIE RODS @ 40,000 miles
By jaci3

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

go have your tie rod end replaced as soon as possible we were on the road doing 55 when the tie rod broke we are so lucky to be alive. My charger everyone is a 2008 with 40,000 miles on it it is time we do something about this issue. I will be going public everywhere about this till Dodge recalls them.

dont get rear ended in this car!!!!!!!!
By sfoglio

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my father was in an accident in this car. he was on the highway in kentucky and some lady on her cell phone smacked into the dead center of the back end at 70 mph. needless to say the car was totaled, however this car burst into flames immediately! reason... not the speed or force... but the fact that dodge decided to put a battery right on top of the fuel tank!!seriously?? the highway patrol said the only reason he is still alive is because he had a FULL tank of gas. sound strange? yes. but the fact is there was no oxygen in the tank to ignite an instant explosion. if there had been 1/2 or even 3/4 a tank he would have been killed instantly... hey dodge,,, think it's time for a recall?????

recall all models with the same set up and.... MOVE THE BATTERY TO A SAFE LOCATION!!!!!

Very "ticked off!"
By Annette Lysmer

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned My Charger now for 4 1/2 yrs, and almost have it paid off. this is the first car I've ever bought brand new. I have never had any problems with this car until the basic warranty ran out. I only have 41,000 miles on it, and developed a "ticking" sound coming form the driver's side of the engine. I brought it in to the dealership, had a diagnostic, and was told that The "rocker arms" on both Left & right sides need to be replaced, with a cost of $800.00 for parts and $1000.00 for labor, AND the "tension struts" needed to be replaced as well! for another $1300.00!!! after reading some of these other consumer reviews, many others have had this problem as well, at low mileage! Recall!

too mad to answer this one

RECALL< RECALL< RECALL! why is this same problem happening to so many others, at very low mileage? No wonder so many people are buying foreign cars! Because Apparently the American car manufacturers can't seem to build a reliable car that lasts! I will NEVER buy another Dodge, EVER

Not a happy driver!
By IZTHELIZ

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the style of the car, it does have blind spots, I have added smaller mirrors on the side mirrors to help with this. I am very disappointed in Dodge and their way of handling service. @ 26K needed new tires, have had 3 leaks in the transmission, @ 55K new tie rods, @ 61K diagnosed needed new struts and upper control arm (Dodge won't cover) @ 63K rocker arm in the engine needed to be repaired. The service manager said that this is a design issue (but Dodge hasn't done a recall?), vents are broke and a plastic piece on the drivers seat broke and the screw keeps coming out. Aux plug doesn't work anymore. Rusting as well.I have been very disappointed with this vehicle, already looking to trade.

Stylish look, yep that's it!

By looking at all the reviews Dodge needs to accept responsibility and complete some recalls for the engine issue, tie rods and other front end problems. Improve the sheet metal used on the front end, use better plastic pieces on the interior.