2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
2006 Charger R/T Riddled with Problems
By motorhead62 on 11/07/13 14:51 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Poor build quality. There was a recall for the shifter assembly that my vehicle was not a part of, that I had to pay out of pocket. Terrible Chrysler customer service. Constant rattle in the front end that the dealer could not resolve. Terrible ride over broken pavement. HVAC never worked properly and it developed a fan rattle in the dash. Parking break never worked. Dodge could not fix. The battery for the car is a M. Benz marine battery and hard to locate. This car was my first and LAST Chrysler product. Never again.

well, it Looks Cool! But Eh...
By rickyryan on 12/07/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It looks good, it feels good. So good!.until you let the charger run at idle for 10 minutes in your drive way, and bye bye sweet machine. i have an 06' charger R/T. At 92,000 miles(always babied) my radiator fans failed, causing the motor to heat up so quickly at idle it dropped not one, but two valve seats,Quickly destroying all that was my HEMI. $4,000 later, i'm still having issues with sticky lifters, my flex disk in the rear end snapped, new tie rod needed in the front, starter is bad. Disappointing seeing that Dodge has always been a favorite for me. Just be cautious if you purchase one. I know ever car is different(even being the same model)but still..beware code P0300! Random Misfire

Loved it untill Motor Died at 46k and Bought new.
By npalafax on 12/05/12 22:47 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first brand new car in Oct 2006. Car was still in bubble wrap ect. Car has been so so on the reliability scale. The second day I had it the radio knobs fell off. At 32k the coolant reserve tank failed at least it was parked when that happened. The car is not driven much only on short trips. The car drives excellent ect. But the reliability isnt great. I am a 40 yr old and dont hot rod this car like a18yr old. This is where the kicker comes in. At 46k the motor failed... would not start. Towed to Dodge and found it dropped a valve seat and damaged the whole motor. Dodge said it was a common problem. I was lucky got the 4k warranty from dealer didn't pay anything for repair. TRADING IT IN!!

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T
By kirtie on 09/09/12 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 7100 miles on it, and have driven it (carefully) through all four North Dakota seasons. It isn't what I'd call a "winter" car around here but it has done the job just fine. No squeaks, rattles, leaks, mechanical trouble of any kind except the passenger seat sensor got tipped up a teeny bit by my girlfriend's shoe- adjusted back by hand in 30 seconds. I have Top Banana #298 and I would advise anyone with the opportunity to buy one! I have 37900 on it now. Prepare for everyone you meet to stare and almost every kid to shout "it's Bumblebee from Tranformers!" (of course that's a Camaro but I don't get offended)

glad I took the chance
By noasiancars4me on 10/25/11 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After spending my life going with Camrys, Accords, and other so thought quality mid sized clone cars I took a shot with this car when it first came out in 2006. It was only 1500 more then the accord I was looking at, at the time. This car is a lot more comfortable and a lot more fun to drive then the array of Asian cone cars out there. Its paid for now and I don't know what I am going to do if I ever have to go back to the cars we have been taught to believe are better quality. This car for me proves that to be totally the opposite in fact. 5 years and 80k miles later it is "by far" the best quality car I have ever owned. (Yes BMWs and Mercs are out of my price range)

Do yourself a favor!
By kirtie on 10/01/11 18:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fast! Fun! Great looks! Very comfortable! Why wouldn't you want to drive one? The only answer I can think of is that you haven't tried one yet! I traded a Lincoln in for my Top Banana R/T and have suffered NOTHING in the way of comfort, handling/performance or style. The only thing the Lincoln had that the Charger does not is good visibility. I can only say that to appreciate the excellent build, ride, and fun of this car you must test drive one. It ranks as the best car I've ever owned, and I've had a run at most of them out there!

Dodge Charger RT Girl
By chargerrtgirl on 06/03/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE this car!! I wanted to get something with plenty of room but still sporty, my husband and I went shopping and we saw this red Charger RT and I automatically wanted to drive it! I pressed the gas and I had that feeling, The feeling of LOVE!!! I have had it for a year and I love it now as much as I did the day I drove it home.

NEW TIE RODS @ 40,000 miles
By jaci3 on 04/05/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

go have your tie rod end replaced as soon as possible we were on the road doing 55 when the tie rod broke we are so lucky to be alive. My charger everyone is a 2008 with 40,000 miles on it it is time we do something about this issue. I will be going public everywhere about this till Dodge recalls them.

dont get rear ended in this car!!!!!!!!
By sfoglio on 03/11/11 06:29 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my father was in an accident in this car. he was on the highway in kentucky and some lady on her cell phone smacked into the dead center of the back end at 70 mph. needless to say the car was totaled, however this car burst into flames immediately! reason... not the speed or force... but the fact that dodge decided to put a battery right on top of the fuel tank!!seriously?? the highway patrol said the only reason he is still alive is because he had a FULL tank of gas. sound strange? yes. but the fact is there was no oxygen in the tank to ignite an instant explosion. if there had been 1/2 or even 3/4 a tank he would have been killed instantly... hey dodge,,, think it's time for a recall?????

My Baby
By 172mph on 02/15/11 22:20 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First off I love this car to death. Unfortunately it has left me with a hunger for something even faster...Why?...Why NOT?!! They are very fast, too fast to let the wife drive it in fact. They are VERY customizable...take a look at the Diablo Tuner, CIA and GetRag rearends...cheap upgrades and you can take SRT8's especially after a custom tune. I have a fair amount done to mine and I dont know why people are complaining about the MPG. I figure Im turning nearly 400HP at the crank now and can STILL get 25-26MPG out of her with the MDS still active (you can shut it off with the Diablo if you want). No problems with it at all...None, its kinda strange not to have problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.