2014 SRT8 Challenger Review
By briany4567 on
2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Core 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)
The Challenger is a big, heavy girl make no mistake about it. It gets terrible gas mileage as a result. But if you are in the market for a muscle car and gas mileage is a concern, perhaps you need to rethink your decision. It has some blind spots due to its size. Its way better than muscle cars of yesteryear in terms of fit/finish/braking and handling. But it is still a growling, snarling beast that you hear and feel almost every step of the way. She can be a civilized daily driver if you want it to be, but there is no escaping knowing what is lurking just under the surface. If you understand what a real muscle car SHOULD be then you will appreciate this car as a homerun in look and attitude
Favorite Features
6.4 Hemi Power and even torque band throughout the RPM range. The 6 speed w/pistol grip shifter is AWESOME. Braking is VERY good. The core model is stripped of most of the creature comforts and is the very essence of what a true muscle car should be. Big, heavy, no frills and the most motor you can cram under the hood. I would argue the Core is the ONLY true muscle car on the market. Mustangs and Camaros are pony cars. Price is a value for what you get IMO. I am 6'4" and this car is very comfortable for me.
Suggested Improvements
Some wider meat on the rear would help with traction. (Smoking tires come standard here) The interior is meh. The steering wheel is perhaps the best I have ever seen but the interior as a whole seems like a bit of an after thought. Personally though, I like them stripped down but others may find it unappealing.