2013 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Flawless after three years

2013 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

2013 Dodge Challenger

R/T Coupe (5.7L V8 6-speed Manual)

Flawless after three years
By russl57 on

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Last year I had difficulty in deciding whether to buy a Charger or Challenger. I bought the Charger and liked the Dodge product so much that this year I bought a Challenger. Both are RT's. The Charger was a better value but the Challenger is a great car.
A lot of people want to compare the Challenger to the Camaro and Mustang. This is a huge mistake. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. For pure speed and handling the Challenger will never compete with the Camaro or Mustang. For comfort, room and road presence the Camaro and Mustang are not in the same class as the Challenger.I like all three cars and I am not brand loyal at all. I bought an RT Plus in Granite Metallic, just Beautiful. UPDATE 3-31-16. It has been 3 years since I purchased my Challenger RT. I have not had a Single issue with the car. I only drive it in fair weather and there is 4900 miles on the odometer. It has not been back to the dealer since I bought it. I dressed up the interior with some parts from Fast Hemis.com. I put an active 3" exhaust on it and a free flowing air cleaner. Other than that it is stock. I retired in 2014 and sold my Corvette and kept the Challenger. It is far more comfortable and practical.

• Purchase cost
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review