SXT Plus, w/ SS pkg great alt for commute
By misha1957 on
2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I traded a 2008 Chev Malibu LTZ, that I liked a lot; but it had a ton of miles on it due to my long commute. I decided this time around I wanted something a little less family sedan, and a little more "Grand Touring." The Camaro was a little too cramped for my daily routine, but the Challenger hit all the sweet spots in a happy medium between performance and practicallity, with comfort and knock-out good looks. If you really don't need a sedan-league back seat, the Challenger is a fantastic car for daily duties. After driving it for a couple of weeks now, I am totaly impressed with how easy it is to live with in my daily commute.
Favorite Features
Timeless good looks with no-compromise styling and 20-inch chrome-alloy wheels (part of the Super Sport package which also provides the same suspension tweaks as the RT model.) UConnect electronics system, with NAV, USB inputs, hard disc drive for music storage, bluetooth, etc. Really nice-quality leather materials for seating; very comfortable, wide cabin. Although I had read folks complaining that the Challenger is bigger than the Camaro and Mustang; from my perspective that's an advantage. It fills very much the same niche that cars like the original Monte Carlo, '70s-era Thunderbirds, and Chrysler Cordobas did back in the 1970s - that of a highly stylish, personal, grand-touring coupe
Suggested Improvements
The dashboard styling is plain; not in keeping with the rest of the car.
By misha1957
on 05/02/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

I just wanted to update my post. I now have more than 17,000 miles and 16 months of driving on my 2012 Challenger SXT Plus. I am still very happy with this car; it remains a genuine pleasure to own and drive! Zero regrets; only sincere recommendations. Respectfully, Misha1957