2012 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Love this car.
By on 07/10/12 17:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I simply love this car. It is the base V6 model. Redline red in color. Would I buy one again? In less than a heart beat. People from small children, to older grammas comment on how pretty of a car that it is. Everybody loves the looks of this one..so do I.

Best Retro car ever
By redlinered382 on 06/27/12 05:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my 392 Challenger for a year. I love this car. I wanted a Reline Red fully optioned 392 challenger so I tried to order it. To my dismay, the reline red paint was unavailable because of the tsunami in japan had made this color (and others) impossible to get. The local dealer found a redline red one and optioned it as per my request. It is an every box checked, challenger, except for a sunroof. I didn’t want a sunroof (it breaks up the stripe)2011 Challenger 392. It came with black stripes. I had the dealer remove the black stripes and I had the exact same stripes put back on but in white. This changes the entire look of the car. The word I hear most is STUNNING. I will admit, It is

Challenger SXT Plus
By marme987 on 06/15/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my 2012 Challenger SXT Plus for about a month now, and I am very happy with it. I am a classic car guy, so I love the styling, and I like that it is a very livable car for day to day driving, powerful enough (although not as fun as an R/T), but decent gas mileage. I also got the car for road trips, and it seems very comfortable on the highway, with a large trunk. Larger inside than Camaros and Mustangs, I like that for a daily driver. Don't see many on the road, at least near me; to me that is a plus.

2012 SXT plus wSSG
By raceurx on 04/20/12 18:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Chally a few months ago and loved it! About 2 weeks into ownership I was rear ended.. the active head restriants worked as well as the emergency systems. The doors unlocked, the car shut off and the interior lights came on. I was hit pretty hard between 40 - 45mph and the interior was perfect, the car crumpled as it should and the hit was deflected from the interior. I pursauded the insurance company not to fix it even though it only had 10k worth of damage they totalled it and settled on a payout. I immediately went back and purchased the same car - I have kids and was very impressed with the way it handled a hit.

I am in love with this car!
By ponygal1 on 04/03/12 10:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

R/T Plus package with Redline - you have to see it up close - the paint is gorgeous. Tons of power from the V8, most comfortable seats I've ever had, plenty of features, and gorgeous to boot. I get tons of comments and stares - maybe because there are only a few out here; I see the Jaguar XK more frequently than these. Haven't had it long enough to really tell about reliability, but I have my fingers crossed. May not be quite as sporty or fast as the Mustang or Camaro, but look at it! Those are as common as dirt. And not nearly as comfortable. If you think you want the V6, try the R/T and see if it changes your mind.

SXT Plus, w/ SS pkg great alt for commute
By misha1957 on 01/27/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2008 Chev Malibu LTZ, that I liked a lot; but it had a ton of miles on it due to my long commute. I decided this time around I wanted something a little less family sedan, and a little more "Grand Touring." The Camaro was a little too cramped for my daily routine, but the Challenger hit all the sweet spots in a happy medium between performance and practicallity, with comfort and knock-out good looks. If you really don't need a sedan-league back seat, the Challenger is a fantastic car for daily duties. After driving it for a couple of weeks now, I am totaly impressed with how easy it is to live with in my daily commute.

Bought new 2012 Challenger
By bluescrubsnj on 12/01/11 17:14 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I bought the SXT 2012 model with the sport option this past November. Pros: I feel the engine V6 size is ideal: I save a bit on gas mileage compared to the V8, and car insurance is cheaper. I knew someone who had a 2009 Charger and complained of poor handling in rain but my 2012 Challenger has handled very well in the rain. I like the interior and exterior design of the car. It turns heads on the road too; everyone has a mustang, but few have a Challenger. For cons, I think its backing up turn radius is difficult in a small parking lot. But, I do not appreciate much of a blind spot as the reviews note. I would recommend this car to someone considering a muscle car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Challenger in NJ is:

$251 per month*