Used 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Most Helpful|
I am in love with this car!
By ponygal1

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

R/T Plus package with Redline - you have to see it up close - the paint is gorgeous. Tons of power from the V8, most comfortable seats I've ever had, plenty of features, and gorgeous to boot. I get tons of comments and stares - maybe because there are only a few out here; I see the Jaguar XK more frequently than these. Haven't had it long enough to really tell about reliability, but I have my fingers crossed. May not be quite as sporty or fast as the Mustang or Camaro, but look at it! Those are as common as dirt. And not nearly as comfortable. If you think you want the V6, try the R/T and see if it changes your mind.

Favorite Features

Power, lots of screaming power! And the Redline paint is gorgeous in the sun. Amazingly comfortable as well. The growl, although not as loud as some, is still quite audible.

Suggested Improvements

Umm....better mileage, but really, if you are buying a musclecar, is that truly a concern?

2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic - Best yet!
By hometheaterguy

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

To date, I have owned twelve vehicles. My first, a 1964 Mercury Comet to my current 2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic. The worst car I have owned is a 2009 Mazda 5 Wagon. The 2012 Dodge Challenger is by far the best vehicle we have ever purchased. This vehicle has the Super Trak Pack, 6-speed, sunroof, amazing leather and a rocking sound system that can play movies, blu tooth audio and read music from a thumb drive. Modifications made thus far; Magnaflow X pipe, Pettys Garage Strut tower brace, LMI cold air intake and skip shift eliminator. Do want a car that handles corners with ease, has amazing acceleration and looks great? If so, this is the car for you. We love it!

Favorite Features

Super Trak Pack, 5.7 Hemi, Tremec 6 speed transmission, color, handling, acceleration, style, leather seats, 403N audio system. Everything is amazing on this car!

Suggested Improvements

None.

2012 SRT...Going great through 25K
By orbwins

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Moved from 4 cyl honda accord to SRT Classic, Automatic, fully loaded. I drive highway, I'm getting about 20 miles to the gallon, again 1 year 25K miles into ownership.

Favorite Features

Fast. Faster than old Honda Accord. Very comfortable on the highway for long drives (~200 mile trips).

Suggested Improvements

Only changes I'd make, not sure about the window opening when you open the door. Chicago..parked outside...winter...bad idea. Learned lesson. Also, windows go down automatically but not up? Blinds spots, but not as bad as a Camaro.