Used 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Best car ever owned
By timofmichigan

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 1973 Challenger at 19 yrs old, it was my favorite for many reasons. But after owning the 2012 SXT Plus for nearly 2 years - its now my all time favorite. Like the original, its coke bottle shape is timeless. Add today's quality standards, reliability, comfort, driving characteristics, and modern features like NAV, handsfree phone, heated seats, etc. - its awesome. This Challenger is trouble free, quiet, and smooth despite our sometimes rough midwestern roads.

The touchscreen entertainment system is so much more than a "radio". Over a hundred channels plus built in hardrive allows one to download CD collections from a PC thumbdrive in minutes. Acceleration is seemingly endless due to the engine's variable valve timing and over 300 horsepower. Four wheel independent suspension, huge disk brakes, and 20-inch tires keep this big boy in complete and effortless control. Thanks to this Dodge, airport TSAs & packed flights are history.

Optional factory perforated heated and cooled white leather seats with a bit more leg support. Optional woodgrain interior accents.

Smokin' HOT
By challengerlady

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE my 2012 Rallye Redline. She's a show stopper and a pleasure to drive. Since I cruise in her and will take her cross country, it was important to me when selecting a sports car to find one that looked fabulous, drove well, and didn't rattle my teeth out with every single bump in the road. Comfort is a key component of my Challenger, along with the strong look of a muscle car (no mistaking what a Challenger is), and muscle car action. I drove a Mustang and a Camaro before choosing the Challenger. Okay, the Challenger is not as fast, but how could it be with it's size and weight? However, it sure the heck rides and looks a LOT better!!!

The looks of this car are unbeatable to me. Love the mean classic muscle car look. I did add a mopar cold air intake that increased her torque and rumble which I like a lot. The black and red interior is great. . .and it's comfortable.

Hmmm. The only improvement I can think of will occur in two years when I get a HEMI!!!

SuperFunCar
By lawnman24

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2012 Ford Fusion for this car and I am extremely pleased with my decision. The MSRP was a little over 30K and I was able to purchase for 27K which is very reasonable for the features the Challenger has. I currently have 4000 miles on the car and have enjoyed every mile! It is black with chrome 20's which make it look great! The car is very comfortable as long as you are in the front. I normally drive on a 150 mile round trip and average around 30 mpg. I drive up many hills and there is always power to spare. The car handles great around curves. I have Sirius radio and really enjoy that. This is a Great college car! I have to hide keys from my mom.

Heated leather seats, 20's, push button start

Cooled seats as a standard feature would be great. I also wish that the car did not have so many blind zones.

I made a good choice!
By kakonegro

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I came from a 2004 BMW 325i to this 2012 Challenger SXT. I had in mind The Focus, 2013 Ultima, or Buick Verano. Roads are saturated with Mustands and Camaros. Some pulled behind me on my BMW and looked through the rear view mirror and saw the Challenger's headlight it's grill, it looked intimidating, aggressive and from there I felt in love and wanting one. It gives me good gas millage better then the BMW. Works great for daily driving (I was told that the comfort concept was of the 300C). Nice trunk size. In the cabin a lot organizing compartments. I have it all blackout. It looks bad ass. ast. If I was wealthy I would buy two. One for collection and the other one for everyday

The comfort, I didn't think about it, but the attention the car gets is amazing. It is a chick magnet of all ages, and trust me am not hating on that. lol

The only improvement I done was I installed was the radio. Sony XAV-64BT. Bluetooth, Pandora, USB, and hands free phone. Because just to have the package upgraded was 1,500. I only expended 300 bucks. (Radio+steering wheel adapter+bracket) The factory should hire people with better vision to inspect better and feel the quality. Towards the end of the quarter panels and the end, those edges are not aligned evenly, on both sides. everyone that passes the hand from the roof to the end says the same and nob their heads. On the Roof the rain guides on the sides, the one on driver side, is cut a bit longer and sticking out and not pressed down.

Best retro car to get!
By nprax

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market between a Camaro, Mustang or the Challenger. Of the three, I bought the challenger because it is the better of the three to live with. All of them have awesome styling, all have v-6 engines delivering decent MPG; and of course, all are American! But what made the challenger stand out was that is was more livable for the day to day stuff. While the base Camaro and Mustang feel like your sitting in a rattling plastic tub, the challenger wlecomes you to a nuetral black interior with better build quality (still not a bmw) and great styling. The bigger body means a better ride, but it also means its heavier. Definitly a great cruiser!

Styling, the ride is amazing, easy to find parts for, you WILL get looks from the girls/guys, surprisingly roomy for a "muscle car"

Dont try to red-light race any cars, you'll probably lose with the 3.6, the interior does rattle like every other american car, some of the exterior black pieces (like the lower bumper) are already deforming; its an easy fix though, it is a boat.